We are Bread SRSLY, makers of wildly nourishing, SERIOUSLY delicious, gluten-free and vegan sourdough bread in Berkeley, CA. We bake thousands of loaves of bread each week and ship them all over the US to eager gluten-free eaters. We value organic ingredients, sustainable business practices, livable wages, fun in the workplace, and meaningful relationships with our staff, our vendors and our customers.
The Bread SRSLY Operations Manager is the captain of the bread production ship. From training staff to creating food safety systems, you will help our growing business achieve outstanding levels of quality, efficiency and consistency.
We are looking for someone with superb interpersonal skills and experience building and leading a team. People you have managed describe you as a clear communicator and an inspiring leader. You treat people with kindness and patience while you help them succeed and grow in the workplace.
Our ideal candidate loves numbers, solves puzzles for fun, and is thirsty for new challenges. Your creative problem-solving skills are legendary and you can adapt to on-the-fly changes without stressing your team.
While you love working with your team on the production floor, you are eager to create a scalable operations strategy behind the scenes. Food safety planning is a priority in this role, and you can design and implement company-wide systems that are easy to follow. Capacity planning, product development, and growth strategizing are all in your toolbelt. You can lend expertise in the design of new kitchen and retail facilities, and can take the lead on staffing them.
You will work closely with the production team in our Berkeley kitchen and the management team in our Berkeley office to achieve all this and more. This full-time salaried position requires a flexible schedule that will revolve around the needs of your production teams. It may also require some travel throughout and outside the Bay Area when future facilities come online.
The Operations Manager will:
- Learn and manage all current operations including production, sanitation, distribution and maintenance. Then make things better.
- Structure, schedule, manage, hire, and train your production teams.
- Foster a great work environment, emphasizing a culture of communication and safety.
- Develop and implement robust systems for food safety, allergen testing, quality control, shipping and receiving, and inventory management.
- Design long-term strategies for facilities, equipment, ingredients, and processes.
- Collaborate with management team on growth strategy.
- Maintain the operations budget.
We are looking for someone who ideally has:
- Managed people and built high-functioning teams.
- Designed, augmented and implemented systems in the workplace including standards for workplace and/or food safety.
- Supervised food production or manufacturing.
- Written and maintained a budget.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lb.
- Driver’s license
- Reliable access to transportation for commuting between facilities.
- A Bachelor’s, Associate’s, Culinary degree, or equivalent experience in manufacturing, operations, food science, or a related field.
- Curiosity about food
- Prior bakery experience
- In-depth knowledge of food safety
- Conversational Spanish
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid vacation
- Great coworkers
- Delicious gluten-free sourdough bread
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to jump in to an exciting new position with a growing brand, please send a cover letter and resume to Sadie at email@example.com.
If you are unsure if you are qualified for this position, but are excited to learn more, please reach out and we’ll be happy to have a conversation about it.
This position commences on or before July 16, 2018.