Three Trees is a high-growth natural foods startup solving a big problem in plant-based foods today: the lack of truly delicious, clean, and nourishing options. We are the brand that stands for uncompromising quality and taste. Our fresh organic nutmilks are crafted with whole, nutrient-dense real food ingredients to benefit your health, and offer moments of connectedness to nature.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a natural foods startup that has demonstrated traction and success. With 7 years in the market, Three Trees is established and positioned for high growth.
Three Trees is looking for an exceptional individual who will play a critical role in the company’s success. Reporting to our COO, the Operations Analyst is responsible for creating and executing production plans ensuring that our supply supports our rapidly growing and evolving sales demand. The Operations Analyst is a high-impact, fast-paced role responsible for managing our raw material and packaging vendors, along with our manufacturing and distribution partners to ensure a well-oiled supply chain from almond tree to customer’s shelf.
Demand Planning & Finished Goods Inventory Management
- Develop and maintain Operations dashboard communicating inventory levels with alerts for low and long positions, and proposed timing of future manufacturing runs
Manage 3rd Party inventory software system (SOS) to reflect accurate inventory levels
Raw Materials and Packaging Supplies Management
Develop deep understanding of raw material and packaging supply processes and timelines to ensure management of long-lead items
Issue PO’s to vendors and manage shipment logistics
Create and maintain spec sheets for key supply ingredients
Understand COGS and work with vendors to identify opportunities for cost reductions
Production Planning and Oversight
Provide rolling 90-day production forecasts to manufacturing partners and issue PO’s for production runs
Be on-site to oversee production runs (SoCal, roughly 8 times a year)
Develop and maintain Quality Control logs
Provide production yield summary reports after each production run
Handle outbound logistics from Manufacturer to DC
Update inventory system (SOS) with production cost and yield information
Customer Order Fulfillment
Oversee 3rd party team entering POs into Quickbooks and Warehouse Management System to ensure timeliness and accuracy
Link POs to master demand planning worksheet to refine production decisions
Oversee and optimize LTL freight booking from DC to Customer warehouses
Capabilities & Qualifications
- Deeply passionate about better-for-you food categories, the Three Trees brand and our mission
- You demonstrate strong project management skills, problem solving capabilities, and the ability to manage multiple work stream simultaneously
- You have strong analytics and love diving deep to understand and own the numbers
- Awesome interpersonal, written/oral communication skills; you are comfortable being the key company contact for vendor partners and are able to build relationships
- Business-savviness and practical, good judgment. Works well with ambiguity – can navigate in the grey and asks the right questions to get at the solution
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem-solving
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills. The ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience handling 3rd Party software systems a plus (e.g., Quickbooks, SOS, 3PL portals)
- 2+ years similar experience at small CPG company a plus
- Occasional West coast travel (when safe to do so)
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
The full-time, exempt position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and will require some travel.
Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Our Core, We Are:
Entrepreneurial. We strive for excellence– we deliver consistently strong performance, and go to great lengths to delight customers. We take great pride in our work. We are results-focused. Strong work ethic and ownership mentality are in our DNA; we roll up our sleeves and do whatever it takes!
Authentic. We bring our honest, full selves to work every day. We give and receive candid and direct feedback. We value integrity, humility, and kindness. There is no room for big egos on our team.
Mission-Driven. We are passionate and driven by ideals. Our can-do attitude and commitment to higher standards set us apart and keep us aligned and focused.