NY Sales Manager Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The primary purpose of this role is to plan, organize, direct, and control sales activities of the great New York territory in order to maximize sales volumes and revenue in line with company expectations. Emphasis will be on building market share, expanding distribution, and driving new sales through new and existing sales channels.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Devocion coffee products, coffee equipment products and pricing structure;
- Be able to communicate company mission and describe coffee products and equipment including differences in processing, roast profile, origins, etc.;
- Suggest and build promotional and incentive programs to support growth and in coherence with the marketing strategy;
- Ensure brand development and awareness;
- Continue sales and industry training to maintain current awareness of products and industry trends.
Distribution Network Development and Management
- Maintain and expand customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities. Initial sales outreach to focus on foodservice accounts, coworking and office spaces;
- Participate in the development and implementation of sales and pricing strategies;
- Make sales presentations to prospective customers;
- Draft and review Customer Service Agreements: terms and conditions, pricing, accuracy, etc., negotiate customer contracts as required;
- Manage customer accounts including order coordination, collecting payments due, and distribution of marketing materials;
- Recruit, select, and direct sales staff in meeting or exceeding corporate sales goals.
Business Analysis, Planning and Performance
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends, respond accordingly;
- Be responsible for territory growth according to the company’s monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales plans;
- Accurately and consistently forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for the assigned region;
- Provide regular informal and formal performance feedback to direct reports.
- This position requires the performance of managerial tasks with independent judgment and discretion
- This position may require regional travel
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of direct sales experience, preferably in the food and beverage industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Must be a self-starter committed to excellence and high standards and an ability to manage competing priorities
- Must have a passion for coffee products
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to compute, organize and present complex financial information to customers and business leadership in written and graphical forms
- Excellent computer skills. Must be able to work with spreadsheets and write concise proposals for customers and prospects
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary ranges between $51,000 and $65,000 depending on experience + eligibility for commissions/bonus if sales goals/strategic objectives are met
- Paid vacation
- Company holidays
- Travel and expense
- Loyalty and longevity with the company are greatly valued and rewarded
If shortlisted, you will be asked to:
- Create a presentation telling us why you are good for the job (choice of video or in-person. Other creative formats welcome!)
- Complete a sales-related task that we assign to you, documented with pictures or video
- Bring on a sales assistant as part of your team (optional, big plus). Sales assistant base salary ranges between $36,000 – $50,000 + eligibility for commissions/bonus if sales goals/strategic objectives are met