The Community Activator will be primarily responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting community stakeholders to use Plentiful. The role will be responsible for achieving concrete growth targets and KPIs related to product adoption and ongoing customer success. Responsibilities include:
● Lead adoption of Plentiful among organizations across New York City including:
○ Conducting outreach to pantries and emergency food organizations that might be interested in using Plentiful
○ Leading user onboarding, training and product orientation with pantry staff and volunteers
○ Conducting site visits as necessary
● Maintain an active pipeline of Plentiful food access points and recruits
● Support efforts to drive adoption of Plentiful among community members experiencing food insecurity including reviewing copy for Facebook and Google Ads, monitoring performance metrics for incoming users from these ads, and supporting client intake with partners
● Lead change management on the ground to support community members and pantries to adopt new features (e.g., reservations via the Plentiful app, etc.)
● Support preparation of quarterly updates on community activation indicators
● Report software bugs and recommend new features using standard bug and feature reporting tools
● Travel to food access points to observe and support product use
● Engage directly with ecosystem partners like food banks, community partners, and others on key projects
● Support the Plentiful team in identifying and preparing partners (e.g., Plentiful users) to design and run new product and feature testing in New York City
An ideal candidate will bring:
● Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and creativity
● Deep familiarity with the New York City charitable food community and key stakeholders
● Demonstrated ability to quickly identify a path forward in complex situations
● Comfort with navigating basic database interfaces (e.g., Airtable, Metabase) and spreadsheets
● High comfort supporting and troubleshooting technical issues with pantry partners
● Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds and economic advantage/disadvantage
● Experience working in a social service setting with organizations of varied levels of sophistication
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to devote 40 hours a week on this work
● Ability and willingness to travel to sites across New York City
● Ability and willingness to occasionally work on weekends
● Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred
To apply, please fill out this form (https://airtable.com/shrBw9BXKEw36MNDE?prefill_Applying%20for=NYC%20Community%20Activator&prefill_St…). Please attach 1) a resume and 2) a cover letter that answers the following questions with no more than 3-5 sentences of bullet points per question:
● Why do you want to work with Plentiful?
● How might your experiences contribute to the mission of Plentiful and this role?
● Anything else you would like us to know.
Our ideal start date for this role is May 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with a first round of pre-screen calls beginning early April.