Permanent position open for immediate hiring. Local NYC candidates preferred, exceptional remote candidates considered.
Welcome to the world of Cocoburg, creators of the world’s first Vegan Coconut Jerky and a ever expanding line of innovative coconut products!
Cocoburg has been bumbling around for the last 4 years and is finally kicking into high gear. Though we have some amazing momentum with major distribution with UNFI, Whole Foods, and 100s of other natural retailers, we’re still a tiny company with huge growth potential. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a small brand ready to make some noise in the fastest growing categories of the food/CPG world.
You’ll be working closely with Seth (the founder), a small internal team (4 people) and the wide array of brokers, consultants, distributors, and freelancers that make our company tick. Though we need you to have some CPG sales chops, this will be an awesome opportunity to learn a ton and grow with the business.
Your mission is simple: 10x our sales as quickly as you can! We’ll help you with all the resources we can and some extremely experienced advisors and consultants to direct you, but how you accomplish this will be largely up to you. This is our first FT sales hire, so the right person for this job is going to help write their own job description, but here’s a spattering of tasks:
- Identify high-potential accounts/distribution/retailers to target and find a way to get on shelf
- Manage current national sales resources, brokers, and freelance sales team relationships
- Manage current distributor and retailer relationships, including UNFI, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, and 100s of independent natural retailers
- Go deep in our backyard: expand our greater NYC distribution and be on the ground, in store to merchandise where we are already on shelf
- Travel as needed to attend sales meetings and execute on the ground / in store regional sales missions outside of NYC
- Identify and attend selected trade shows, tabletops, and consumer shows
- Do whatever it takes to blow this up!
Is this you?!?
- You’re proactive, you take initiative – we’re too small to micromanage you, so you gotta be good at figuring out what you should be doing and hitting it hard without a task master pushing you
- You’re a hustler – you know how to find the right people, how to get them on the phone/in the meeting, what to say, and how to close the deal
- You’re supportive of the clean / natural food movement Cocoburg represents — you don’t have to be vegan, but you should be stoked on the clean eating movement!
- You have experience in food/CPG sales/distribution (experience in natural channel strongly preferred, understanding what I mean by “the natural channel” required)
- You have the ability and willingness to bop around the greater NYC area and spend time in store talking to staff/managers and doing shelf merchandising (you don’t need a car, but probably should have a driver’s license…)
- You have the ability and willingness to sit around in the office all day working on a computer and making phone calls and looking at spreadsheets
- You’re amiable and you like people – we don’t have to be best friends, but you need to get along with the rest of the team
- You have the ability and willingness to travel around the country as needed — hard to predict how much travel will be needed in this position, but it’s doubtful it would be more than 15-25%
Sound like what you’re looking for? Email me a cover letter and your resume or LinkedIn profile and let’s talk!