SnackMagic is a global snack and swag gifting service. Our unique edge is our signature build-your-own/customizable snack stash concept. Through SnackMagic, corporate organizers are able to use our easy-to-use platform to provide mood-boosting gifts to delight groups of 5-20,000.
We’re a product-first ambitious team that not only survived, but thrived amid the pandemic. We transformed from a solid New York City-based office lunch service, called STADIUM, whose trajectory was thrown off-course given the changing dynamic of working on-site, and have since never looked back. SnackMagic today has outpaced years of STADIUM’s growth due to our agility and ability to widen our customer footprint in a changing world.
Though we started our journey as a gifting platform, our vision is to help consumers connect with the best food and beverage products. We’re taking our company to new heights as we look beyond our core of enterprise gifting, and foray into direct-to-consumer product discovery and e-commerce.
Our CPG (consumer packaged goods) Merchants team is looking for a passionate food/beverage enthusiast to focus on sourcing new brand suppliers to join SnackMagic. You will be at the exciting forefront of seeing our partner network scale, while bringing the best products to our global customers, and providing a continuous value-add to our innovative brands.
SnackMagic is based in New York City, but this would be a full-time, fully remote position. The first three months will be a probationary period in which the candidate and company can prove to be a fit for one another. This hire will report to the company’s Head of Merchant Development, and senior team member of the CPG Merchants team.
Must apply via link below and answer industry questions:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- ~1-5 years of food consumer packaged goods industry experience, strongly preferred
- Editorial, content marketing, or project management background, or experience coordinating partnerships, strongly preferred — candidate must be a deadline-driven, solid communicator with a strong sense of responsiveness
- Hard-working, mature, and positive attitude; no task is too big or small mindset
- No ego and no set ways of doing things- open mindedness and experimentation is very key to our company
About this Position:
Menu & Digital Merchandising: ~ 70%
- Owning full merchandising/editorial aspects of our product – the menu(s)- including but not limited to; product positioning, best-in-class imagery (not asset creation, just thoughts on how it should look, can be improved, etc), best-in-class copy for products
- Owning proper tagging/categorization, and placement of our products for best user flow and optimal sales
- Owning the curation process of promoted medleys + evergreen medleys and curated boxes (special thematic collections that customers may base their gift boxes around)
- This piece will require coordinating with brand partners
- Working cross functionally with the various teams (Marketing, Growth, Product, Operations)
- Measuring if placement on the menu has any lift in sales, as well as the efficacy of our promoted medleys above
- Potential content writing for SnackMagic; such as our blog which can help boost SEO presence; some of this content may be in collaboration with some brand partners
- What skills or experience do you require?
Brand Sourcing & Ongoing Relationships: ~ 30%
- Source new brand partners for SnackMagic’s various brand partnership programs through external reach-out, leading inbound partner requests
- Be a day to day liaison for SnackMagic’s onboarded brand partners — answering questions, troubleshooting issues
- Being mindful of brand and product performance as in relation to each partner’s strength to SnackMagic’s overall network
- Identify product assortment gaps/missing brand partnerships
- Be involved in new avenues for business development as far as deepening SnackMagic’s foray into CPG, and look for new initiatives to deepen brand partnerships
- Competitive salary, benefits & on-boarding package for the right candidate
- True ground-floor opportunity at an exciting, fast-paced growing company
- Guaranteed to make an impact, and be given autonomy to contribute and shape our design culture