The Merchandising Manager, FreshDirect at the Office will be responsible for creating and managing the merchandising vision for the FreshDirect at the Office business including assortment, promotion, pricing and placement. This person will utilize research to understand the customer and their wants and then develop a vision to capture that targeted customer and provide product to meet their expectations. This will require working closely with the product experts across all product lines including Produce, Grocery, Dairy & Alcohol to match assortment, pricing and promotion to what the customers want. This team player will bring a strong category management to this segment to drive sales and profitability and will lead the annual business plan and operating budget development for the COS segment.
Key Ingredients –
- BS/BA with a specialization in business preferred and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and/or education
- Six to Eight (6-8) years of overall work experience that includes at least four years (4) in a Buying, Category Management or Procurement role
- Hands on working experience in creating merchandising strategies, participating in vendor and product negotiations, and item promotions
- Solid analytical skills with above standard Excel expertise
- We require a business driver and builder. This is a unique company with a strong entrepreneurial culture. We need executives who understand the complexities and difficulties faced when building a new business model and who enjoy the mental and physical rigor required.
- Superior communications skills combined with strong influencing abilities.
- We require executives who hold themselves accountable and equally demand accountability from their subordinates.
- Courage in your convictions is important in this culture.
- This must not be an individual who seeks rank or respect, but, instead, an executive who understands that respect is earned.
- The FreshDirect culture requires individuals with high intellect, quick thinking speed, excellent analytical abilities, a strategic mindset, and strong organizational skills.
- Business and financial acumen
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
WARNING: Our food is processed in a facility that does not contain people who are toxic, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, egotistical, self-promoting, inconsiderate, or mean-spirited.