The Baldor Merchandising Associate will have ownership of our product maintenance, including item setup, organization, and categorization. This individual will be the gatekeeper for all items in Baldor’s vast catalog and product offering. The Merchandising Associate will be responsible for ensuring that all items follow a uniform setup and maintenance process in order to ensure predictability, efficiency, and convenience for our category managers, sales team, and customers. This role will also support the daily needs of the Baldor Marketing Department.
Essential Functions Include:
- Ensure that a standardized process of item setup and maintenance is followed for all Baldor users, and offer suggestions to increase efficiencies within the process.
- Maintain the Baldor Item Categorization Hierarchy to ensure that all items are classified correctly and appropriately, and offer suggestions for new levels of categorization where necessary.
- Work closely with Procurement Team and Market Specialists to capture all necessary and relevant information in the inventory management system
- Interface with members of the Marketing Team to fulfill daily ad hoc requests
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our item categorization and setup process
- Review new product postings to ensure that they meet standards for images, SKUs, nutritional panels, category, subcategory, attributes and descriptions
- Review daily automate reports and update items accordingly (products with missing fields, item description changes)
- Daily site review to ensure that all products are accurate and strategically merchandised across the site
- Ensure that landing pages are all properly merchandised
- Support the accurate execution of product pages, including item photography and item copy.
- Maintain all assets in content archive
- Review, edit and project manage POS sheets
- Assist Event, Creative & Photography Team as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in food is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized, enjoys bringing daily rigor to projects and reporting in high-growth environment.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision; desire to be in an entrepreneurial high-growth environment.
- High attention to detail and process oriented.
Baldor Specialty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age (40 and over), Handicap or National Origin. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.