Three Trees in a Nutshell
Three Trees is on a mission to delight and nourish the world with the most delicious and clean plant-based foods. Our fresh organic nut and seed milks are crafted with whole, nourishing, real food ingredients, offering moments of connectedness to nature. With 8 years in the market, Three Trees is established and positioned for high growth.
Three Trees is looking for an exceptional individual who will play a critical role in the company’s success. Reporting to our COO, the Master of Operations is responsible for the heartbeat of the company– making the world’s best tasting, highest quality nut and seed milks, on time and on budget. The Master of Operations is a high-impact, fast-paced role and is the key relationship manager with our strategic supply and manufacturing partners. They will also oversee the Operations and Customer Service Associates to ensure a well-oiled supply chain from almond tree to customer’s shelf.
Behind the beautiful bottle is a passionate team of data-driven food enthusiasts. Discussions are direct and lively – sparring with ideas gets us energized! No one gets hurt because it’s not about egos. Back when offices were a thing, you’d find the team chatting over lunch about latest projects/adventures (i.e. urban pigeon rescue, raised veggie beds, rock climbing), and passing around a bar of craft dark chocolate as an afternoon pick-me-up.
Our Core Values
Entrepreneurial: Striving always for excellence, we deliver consistently strong performance, and have a growth mindset. We take great pride in our work and love making an impact through what we do daily. Accountability is in our DNA.
Authentic: Bringing our honest and full selves to work every day, we share thoughts and feedback directly and openly. We value integrity and humility.
Mission-Driven: Passionate and driven by ideals, we are committed to higher standards. This keeps us aligned and focused.
Purchasing Strategy & Vendor Relationship Builder
- Develop deep understanding of, and build relationships with, broad landscape of raw material (e.g. Almonds, Pistachios, Oats) and packaging suppliers (e.g., bottles, labels, cases)
- Identify and negotiate with new suppliers as required for new products
- Develop and execute purchasing strategy targeted at continual quality and cost reduction improvements
- Improve raw material quality assurance and control program
- Manage Operations Associates handling of supply purchasing and inventory levels to meet production forecasts while minimizing cash flow impact
Co-Manufacturing Partner Management / Production Manager
- Responsible for the holistic relationship management of third party contract manufacturing partner(s) including:
- Contract and relationship management
- Efficiently scheduling productions runs that balance sales demand, shelf life, and manufacturing scale considerations
- On-site management (So-Cal, approx 8 times a year) to oversee production runs/quality assurance programs and to proactively work with Manufacturing partner on continual improvement programs–both quality and cost.
- Develop a finished goods quality assessment and retention program
- New product testing, documentation, and on-boarding to full scale production
Order Fulfillment Management
Oversight of Operations Associate and Customer Service Associate to ensure all orders are filled in full and on time
- Oversight relationship with 3rd Party houses negotiating costs and service level agreements
- Oversight of third party freight carriers contract pricing and service level agreements
Capabilities & Qualifications
- Awesome interpersonal skills. You’re a natural at establishing connections and building relationships; you enjoy getting to know existing and potential vendor partners
- Deeply passionate about better-for-you food categories, the Three Trees brand and our mission
- You demonstrate strong project management skills, problem solving capabilities, and the ability to manage multiple workstream simultaneously
- 4+ years of operations or supply chain management experience at a small- to medium- sized CPG company
- You have strong analytics and love diving deep to understand and own the numbers
- Business-savviness and practical, good judgment. Works well with ambiguity – can navigate in the grey area and asks the right questions to get at the solution
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem-solving
- Experience handling 3rd Party software systems a plus (e.g., Quickbooks, SOS Inventory Management, Bill.com 3PL portals)
- West coast travel required approximately 6 to 8 times a year
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship