Omsom is building the new authority in Asian Food CPG, bringing proud, loud Asian flavors into your home kitchen. Founded by 2 first-gen sisters + daughters of Vietnamese refugees, Omsom partners with iconic Asian chefs to create pantry shortcuts. No more diluted dishes, no more cultural compromise — just bold Asian flavors at your fingertips. We launched in May 2020 and have since sold out 11x, moved 1M+ starters (90% organically!), and launched partnerships with household names like Disney and Instant Pot. We’re backed by some of the best investors + DTC/CPG founders in the biz, like Jen Rubio (Away), Scott Norton (Sir Kensington’s), Miguel + Alexandra Garza (Siete), and Shan-Lyn Ma (Zola). As seen in Fast Company, Vogue, the TODAY Show, Business Insider, Thrillist, Food & Wine.
As the Marketing Director, you will drive projects across marketing org forward – bringing a proud + loud, brand-centric approach to our integrated marketing strategy. You will take a category-defining brand to the next level, using your deep brand understanding, creativity, + data-driven insights to drive effective omni-channel messaging + customer engagement. You’re obsessed with both the art and science behind consumer marketing – working cross-functionally, overseeing product + partnership positioning, go-to-market, and consumer insights. Success will be measured by audience engagement, customer loyalty, new product launch performance, and your effective application of brand + audience segment understanding.
This is a full-time role based in New York City, working in a hybrid capacity!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Lead strategy and execution of omni-channel marketing strategy across eCommerce, retail, and support trade and field marketing efforts in grocery
- Project manage across the marketing org with Partnerships, Creative, Content, and
- Track and manage ongoing optimization of OKRs by designing comprehensive, measurable A/B testing methods – optimize new types of content, targeting capabilities, and CRM channels
- Hire, train, and lead internal team and external agencies / partners to support web development, design, and other omni-channel marketing initiatives
- Manage marketing budget P&L
- Partner with cross-functional teams of Operations, Sales, and CX to hit sales goals
Go-to-market + Marketing operations
- Lead new launch and evergreen campaigns: creative briefs, asset development and approvals, deployment, and reporting
- Manage creative briefing and marketing operations for new packaging and launch initiatives
- Concept and field consumer insights studies, becoming an expert on audience and customer segments
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in brand or product marketing; 2+ years DTC e-commerce experience (CPG preferred)
- Highly organized with exceptional project management and ability to work wide + deep across the integrated marketing stack
- Expert-level experience with Shopify, Excel, Google Analytics, ShareASale, Google Drive, social media analytics
- Beloved team builder and cross-functional collaborator
- Equal parts analytical and creative; you’re equally excited about brainstorming new email campaign ideas as you are about analyzing the results of the latest insights study
- Deeply understands and is passionate about Omsom’s mission, vision, and values
- Culture fit: empathetic, understanding, fun
We offer a competitive salary package, strong health + dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401k, an unlimited vacation policy, monthly fun team activities, and a monthly wellness stipend. You will also be joining an intentional, joyful team of passionate individuals working to make the world a more proud + loud place!
Please fill out this short application as soon as possible – we’ll be interviewing on a rolling basis. It will ask for your resume and a short statement about why you’re excited about our company/product/mission. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Omsom was founded by two Vietnamese sisters – Vanessa and Kim Pham. Vanessa is a CPG and e-comm strategist and alumna of Bain and Harvard. Kim is a longtime startup operator and ex-VC. Both are Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients.
We have 3 main values:
- Rising Tides Raise All Boats – We believe underrepresented communities can unlock and amplify each other’s mobility and influence.
- Lead and Work Wholeheartedly – We hire, collaborate, and make decisions from a place of abundance, making sure to revel in the journey, not the destination.
- Build With Intention, Without Concession – We are committed to uncompromised flavors and undiluted stories. As a company, we exist to reclaim, honor, and celebrate POC communities
As a company that was built from a desire for inclusion and representation, Omsom seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. BIPOC, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals are highly encouraged to apply.