Allow us to introduce ourselves: we’re ipsa provisions, a new kind of frozen food company!
We’re on a mission to help people eat better at home with a new category of high-quality convenience food (‘fine food frozen’). Our products are first and foremost delicious, made with the very best ingredients, and easy-to-prepare for a fantastic meal at home without fuss. Our menu features a variety of dishes that rotate seasonally. We believe frozen food doesn’t have to be a last resort–it’s something to get excited about!
We were launched in February 2020 by a team of food-loving New Yorkers with experience at companies like Chipotle, Etsy, and Blue Apron and restaurants like Gramercy Tavern. Explore our menu and learn more about us at eatipsa.com.
About this role.
We’re looking for a multi-talented, food-loving, and highly creative marketer who’s eager to roll up their sleeves and be a part of building something truly special.
As a member of our small and scrappy team, you’ll have a meaningful impact on all aspects of marketing at a new, fast-growing company including: content creation and management, partnerships, customer experience, and design. You’ll use your creative and analytical skills to help ipsa meet our ambitious growth goals, raising awareness among new audiences and driving loyalty with our existing customers.
This role will own high-level projects, but the associate should have a no-task-is-too-small attitude: you’ll be involved in many areas of our business, from strategy to content creation to engaging directly with customers.
Responsibilities. This role will evolve based on your experience and the needs of the business, but will include much of the following:
Social Media and Email Marketing:
- Manage social posting and build marketing emails on a weekly basis
- Brainstorm and pitch content series for new marketing campaigns
- Draft copy, shoot and design content, and solicit assets from partners (as needed)
- Track key email and social metrics and report back to the team
- Constantly iterate based on what’s working and what’s not
- Develop systems to manage digital assets used in our various marketing channels
- Manage marketing calendar, including new product launches, content packages, and relevant holiday and seasonal tie-ins
- Track budgets and manage logistics of periodic photoshoots
Partnerships + Influencer outreach:
- Manage social giveaways and other marketing partnerships (including content collaborations, gifts with purchase, special offers, and more).
- Outreach to potential partners and influencers, and coordinate gift deliveries
- Support other teams as needed on tasks including menu development, customer service, and more.
Experience. We’re looking for someone who possesses several– but not necessarily all– of these qualifications. Please be sure to specify which of the following qualifications you possess in your application cover letter.
The hard stuff:
- 2-4 years experience in e-commerce or restaurant marketing, media, or design
- Experience designing and programming emails in a platform such as Klaviyo, Drip or Mailchimp
- Experience with an e-commerce platform like Shopify or Squarespace
- Experience analyzing key marketing analytics across email, social, and web
- Excellent written communication skills; experience in journalism or copywriting a plus
- Proficiency with graphic design tools like Canva, Figma, and the Adobe suite
The soft stuff:
- Strong collaborator, skilled at building relationships, getting buy-in for their ideas
- Understands and is passionate about ipsa’s mission, values, and commitments
- Loves food (!) and has a strong pulse on the landscape of food businesses and media, from ingredients to recipes to restaurants
- Passionate about storytelling and new tools for audience engagement
Compensation & Commitment.
This is a 3-month contract with the option to turn into a full-time permanent position in fall 2021. In addition to a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and vacation days, you’ll receive a credit of $150/month in ipsa products to keep your freezer stocked with delicious meals.
This role is based in NYC. The associate will work remotely at least part of the time, but be expected to travel to our production kitchen in Queens, our fulfillment outpost in Brooklyn, and other locations in NYC for photoshoots, partner meetings, etc as needed.
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is July 23rd. Additionally, please answer the following questions (no more than a brief paragraph for each):
1. What are your three favorite food brands and what do you love about them?
2. What are your top three favorite instagram accounts (not necessarily food-related) and why?
3. You’re having a small dinner party with friends — what’s your go to menu?
ipsa provisions is committed to building an inclusive company and environment that enables our team members to show up as their full, authentic selves. We seek individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to join our team. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ individuals are highly encouraged to apply to this role.