Gotham Greens has an immediate opening for an exceptional individual to work directly with the Gotham Greens Marketing team. This role reports to the Director of Marketing. This role will help to grow the brand through new customer acquisition and retention and will develop experiential marketing programs that articulate, influence and further develop the Gotham Greens brand. The ideal candidate is an exceptional brand ambassador who is passionate about sustainable agriculture, well informed on local and regional food culture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. This is an opportunity for a meticulously organized, enthusiastic, analytical and self-motivated individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
Field Marketing and Sales:
- Conduct weekly store visits to meet with buyers and merchandisers. Provide weekly in-store merchandising support and assist with execution of in-store promotions
- Manage Gotham Greens’ local in-store demo program to ensure that the company is maximizing its ROI and maintaining consistent branding and messaging at retailers across various regions
- Perform weekly in-store product demonstrations to introduce and educate consumers and store employees on Gotham Greens products and brand
- Build relationships with customers, buyers, chefs and store employees
- Provide support to the sales team as required
Communications and Public Relations:
- Assist the marketing team with internal and external communication, campaigns and social media
- Support brand content creation during events, demonstrations and tours
- Coordinate company communication, including but not limited to, partnerships, customer rewards, special events, tours and other marketing opportunities
- Source and support local media opportunities and influencer collaborations
Brand Marketing and Partnerships:
- Research and attend relevant events, trade shows and conferences (food, beverage, health and wellness themed) throughout the region representing Gotham Greens as a brand ambassador
- Establish relationships with top chefs and restaurant groups throughout the Mid-Atlantic region
- Cultivate and support relationships with strategic brand and corporate partners and community organizations that further Gotham Greens’ CSR initiatives throughout the Mid-Atlantic region
- Organize product and plant seedling donations with local partners
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (food, CPG, agriculture) in sales, marketing and/or shopper marketing required. Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus.
- A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision (some weekends and nights required)
- Must be impeccably organized and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Active within the local food/wellness community and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values
- Comfortable speaking to customers in a retail environment and vendors in a sales environment
- Basic to intermediate cooking skills and strong demonstrated food knowledge
The ideal candidate:
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 300+ full time team members are hard working, supportive and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.