Gotham Greens has an immediate opening for an exceptional individual to work directly with the Gotham Greens Marketing team. This role reports to the Director of Marketing. This role will: contribute to growth of the brand through new customer acquisition and retention and will help develop experiential marketing programs that articulate, influence and further develop the Gotham Greens brand. The ideal candidate is an exceptional brand ambassador who is passionate about sustainable agriculture, well informed on local and regional food culture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for a meticulously organized, enthusiastic, analytical, and self-motivated individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system. Gotham Greens is in the midst of national expansion opening in a handful of new cities across the US. This position is based in Chicago with opportunities to transfer to other company locations in the future.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Field Marketing and Sales
- Conduct weekly store visits to meet with buyers and merchandisers. Provide weekly in-store merchandising support and assist with execution of in-store promotions
- Manage Gotham Greens’ local in-store demo program to ensure that the company is maximizing its ROI and maintaining consistent branding and messaging at retailers across various regions
- Perform weekly in-store product demonstrations to introduce and educate consumers and store employees on Gotham Greens products and brand
- Build relationships with customers, buyers, chefs and store employees
- Provide support to the sales team as required
- Communications and Public Relations
- Assist the marketing team with internal and external communication, campaigns, and social media
- Support brand content creation during events, demonstrations, and tours
- Coordinate company communication including but not limited to: partnerships, customer rewards, special events, tours and other marketing opportunities
- Source and support local media opportunities and influencer collaborations
Brand Marketing and Partnerships
- Research and attend relevant events, trade shows and conferences (food, beverage, health and wellness themed) throughout the region representing Gotham Greens as a brand ambassador
- Establish relationships with the top chefs and restaurant groups throughout Chicago
- Cultivate and support relationships with strategic brand and corporate partners and community organizations that further Gotham Greens’ CSR initiatives throughout the Chicagoland area
- Organize product and plant seedling donations with local partners
- 1-3 years of relevant (specialty food, agriculture) related experience in sales, demonstrations, customer service, marketing /or branding
- A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision (some weekends and nights required)
- Must be impeccably organized and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Active within the local food/ wellness community and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values
- Comfortable speaking to customers in a retail environment and vendors in a sales environment
- Basic to intermediate cooking skills (able to cook with and without a recipe) and strong demonstrated food knowledge
The ideal candidate:
- Strong positive attitude, upbeat energy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and highly self-motivated with a creative flair
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is a global pioneer in urban greenhouse agriculture and a leading consumer brand of premium-quality local produce and fresh food products. Gotham Greens’ produce is grown using ecologically sustainable methods in technologically-sophisticated, climate controlled, urban greenhouses. Gotham Greens provides its diverse retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers with a local, reliable, year-round supply of salad greens, herbs and fresh food products grown under the highest standards of food safety and environmental sustainability. The company owns and operates over 170,000 square feet of greenhouse across four facilities in New York and Chicago and currently has 500,000 square feet of greenhouse under development in five US states. Gotham Greens was founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, New York.
We are farmers that live in apartments. Our team is hard working, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative.
Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.