Manager of Foodservice Engagement
Help restaurant and foodservice companies seize plant-based market share
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence restaurant chains and non-commercial foodservice companies to capitalize on the consumer shift to plant-based eating and advise them on ways to execute a strategy consistent with their brands. The Manager of Foodservice Engagement will be responsible for:
- Convincing restaurant executives and foodservice operators to add more plant-based options and to increase the quality of their plant-based dishes.
- Promoting the effective marketing of plant-based foods using best practices that appeal to mainstream consumers.
- Establishing GFI as the authority on plant-based dining for foodservice companies and the media.
- Working with suppliers and distributors to understand the product offerings and help lower barriers to market entry for plant-based foods.
- Laying the groundwork for the future introduction of cell-based foods into restaurants and institutional foodservice settings.
- Managing the annual Good Food Scorecard project including working with GFI’s Communications team on an effective outreach plan.
- Promoting the business opportunity that plant-based dining presents by speaking at conferences, conducting media interviews, and networking with foodservice executives and chefs.
- Identifying, developing, and maintaining partnerships with companies, culinary service providers, and nonprofits to provide resources that aid foodservice companies in adding more plant-based options.
- Managing GFI’s Foodservice team (currently one employee).
- Serving as a liaison with other GFI departments and international affiliates.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Manager of Foodservice Engagement must have:
- Food industry experience and existing relationships (strongly preferred).
- Managerial experience (preferred)
- An outgoing personality with strong and persuasive communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal rapport.
- Superb business development skills.
- An ability to excel in media interviews.
- Availability to travel about one week per month.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people, and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Alison Rabschnuk, Director of Corporate Engagement
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
- Salary: $55,000-$65,000
Application Deadline: August 11, 2019
Please apply online at https://grnh.se/a279bb282