Come join a fast-growing food brand that is revolutionizing what we eat. Ark Foods is a modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. From our plant-based veggie bowls to the specialty vegetables that we grow at our farm locations up and down the East Coast, Ark Foods is rethinking modern agriculture from the ground up.
Our customers include Whole Foods, Walmart, Costco, and other leading retailers across the USA.
Candidates proximate to New Jersey, Florida, or South Carolina encouraged, but remote candidates outside of these areas will be considered.
Ark Foods is seeking an experienced Logistics Supervisor to help coordinate freight and logistics across the country.
You will report to our Senior Operations Manager and will focus on managing our vast refrigerated freight network across the country. This is a critical role that serves as the bridge between our regional production facilities and our customers. You will work closely with the entire Operations and Sales teams to ensure timely deliveries while also managing cost. You will also help to develop new freight lanes and schedules, particularly on the West Coast.
Key work streams will include:
- Helping to manage a nationwide refrigerated freight network to ensure smooth delivery of millions of pounds of fresh produce to industry leading retail and wholesale customers
- Working closely with production facilities to coordinate pickups in accordance with production schedules, product inventories, and customer orders
- Thinking strategically to develop efficient freight lanes and schedules, bundling orders and mixing freight carriers to optimize costs
- Proactively communicating freight issues, such as delays or shortages, to all relevant parties
- Devising and implementing creative solutions to freight challenges
- Understanding and expertly managing Ark Foods’ relationships with a vast and complex network of existing freight carriers
- Working with Sr. Operations Manager to regularly evaluate freight KPIs and identify problem lanes
- Finding and onboarding new carriers, particularly LTL carriers
- Working with the Sales team to onboard new customers, including finding carriers, and quoting pallet rates, to help inform Sales team’s pricing strategies
- Continuously driving cost savings and finding efficiencies within logistics and general operations
- Strong knowledge of logistics industry, particularly refrigerated LTL. Existing freight network a big plus
- World-class organization and communication skills
- Agility to thrive in a fast-moving, high-stakes environment
- Creativity and determination to find the best ways to service the customer
- A belief that there is no task too small and no challenge too large
In Your Favor
- Love of food
- Experience with…
- young brands or products
- customer service
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Healthcare and other benefits
- Generous vacation policy
- All the specialty veggies you can eat!
About Ark Foods
We are a modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. We believe there’s magic in growing and eating vegetables and we work every day to share this feeling with the world. We’ve built our own ecosystem and are deeply involved at every stage of production, from purchasing the highest quality seeds to growing crops responsibly, and producing imaginative food that, in any form it might take, will be remarkable.
Ark Foods is known for popularizing shishito peppers, but now offers a full suite of branded veggie products, including our specialty pepper line, our heat-and-eat veggie bowls, even pepper cooking kits and salads. We operate three production facilities up and down the East Coast, including a fully operational fresh cut facility in New Jersey, and are in a period of rapid growth, with revenue and headcount more than doubling each year.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org