THE FARM PROJECT EMPOWERS INITIATIVES THAT RECONNECT PEOPLE WITH FOOD
We are experienced entrepreneurs, Hollywood influencers, parents, chefs and farmers. Together we are The Farm Project, a public benefit corporation that is leveraging media, and technology to drive a meaningful shift to sustainably produced food. Because we believe that there is nothing more convincing than a friend telling a friend about our mission, we invest in social communities and connect with our followers on an emotional level.
We are looking for a Lead Mobile Engineer who wants to join a dynamic, leading company in the space as a key team member. You must be a leader who is a creative problem solver, not just another cog in the system, who is able to take end-to-end ownership of mobile development for both customer facing interfaces and internal management tools. These interfaces will need to integrate with RESTful web services and various other back-end systems. You will be responsible for hands-on design, development, maintenance and support, as well as recruiting and managing a team.
Join us as we support and mobilize consumers, farmers, and investors to improve and strengthen local food systems throughout the U.S. and the world. Because when you change food, you change the world.
- End-to-end ownership of mobile development for our suite of products
- Hands-on design, development, maintenance and support
- Recruiting other mobile developers
- Managing a team
- 3 years – Advanced Swift and functional programming
- Experience with iterative/test driven development
- Experience with instrumenting applications for remote problem diagnosis
- Experience with client side testing tools like XCTest
- 1 or more consumer-facing iOS applications in the App Store
- Deep understanding of object oriented design patterns such as MVC
- Comprehensive understanding of REST/JSON/XML Web Service
- Experience with threading and dispatch queues
- Passionate about learning new technologies and adapting to complex and fast moving environments
- SDLC Processes
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for making a positive impact on the world!
- Git, JIRA and related technologies
WHY WORK AT THE FARM PROJECT?
You’ll join a team of seasoned entrepreneurs who know what it takes to be successful. And you’ll make a difference as an integral part of an organization that is changing the world by supporting a profitable, sustainable local food system.