Kuli Kuli Operations Coordinator
Kuli Kuli is a rapidly growing startup at the intersection of consumer packaged goods (CPG) and social good. We are creating an international market for Moringa oleifera to improve the livelihoods and health of women in the developing world. We sell healthy products made with moringa sustainably sourced from women-led farming cooperatives. Our products are carried in hundreds of grocery stores and sold online at kulikulifoods.com. Kuli Kuli’s mission is to create a world where everyone has access to nutritious sources of food and malnutrition only exists in history books. We’ve been featured on MSNBC, NBC and in Fast Company for our unique products and compelling social mission.
Kuli Kuli is looking for an Operations Coordinator with a passion for food science, supply chain management, and social change to help us grow our company and impact. You will work closely with our manufacturers to create products that our customers love and ensure they are compliant with federal regulations as well as our own high standards for quality and safety. This position presents an unprecedented learning opportunity to influence the trajectory of a high-growth food startup. We are looking for someone with experience in supply chain management, quality assurance, logistics, and managing budgets.
• Oversee the production process, reducing costs wherever necessary and making sure that products are produced on time and are of the highest quality
• Monitor the production process and speed to make sure that it stays on schedule and correct any problems that may arise
• Maintain proper counts for production runs and finished goods in NetSuite
• Ensure inventory levels are adequate of finished goods, ingredients and packaging
• Research new potential vendors and review new supplier applications
• Serve as first point of contact for quality questions and issues, coordinate quality assurance programs, manage quality investigations and improve quality control policies
• Manage vendor compliance and lot tracking documentation and ensure compliance with the Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA)
• Review finished product packaging against FDA guidelines
• Analyze and define product and ingredient specifications
• Manage quality certifications and research additional certifications
• Eagerly grow and seek to take on additional responsibilities
• Experience in manufacturing, production, quality assurance and/or logistics highly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
• Obsessive attention to detail and organization with the ability to multi-task
• Creative problem solver and compelling negotiator
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, prior experience working with NetSuite a plus
• Unshakable positivity with an eagerness to take on additional responsibilities
• Excitement about health, organic food and global development
Hours & Compensation
The position is full-time and flexible on location. Competitive compensation and performance bonuses provided. Benefits include a health care plan, ample vacation time, unlimited product and incredible team culture.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position in the subject line like this, “[NAME] for Operations Coordinator.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.