Having successfully launched in New York in March of 2017, we are now accelerating our global expansion and are looking to grow our finance team locally. We are hiring a Junior Credit and Accounts Payable Controller to manage and maintain our accounts and monthly financial processes.
Based in Brooklyn, NY, this role would suit a newly qualified, or close to qualifying, accountant who would enjoy the challenge of joining a new and fast-growing business as its first local finance team member. You must have an excellent track record of independent working and attention to detail. You will be dynamic and flexible and have a hands-on approach to your role.
You will initially report to the London-based CFO and will work closely with the NY Managing Director and the rest of the NY-based leadership team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Onboarding new clients and allocating the correct level of credit
- Monitoring and reporting on our clients’ credit status on a bi-weekly basis, identifying credit deterioration and reporting it in a timely manner to the CFO and MD
- Sales ledger posting and reconciliation
- Sending customers notices of payments and statements using Quickbooks, our accounting software, and reaching out personally via phone or email for reminders and requests for overdue payment
- Purchase ledger posting and statement reconciliation
- Partnering with the MD and the buying team to allocate and make weekly payments
- Supervising supplier status and reporting payable days on a monthly basis
- Maintaining and reporting an up-to-date weekly cashflow
- Reconciling Quickbooks and bank accounts
- Liaising with our external accountant to ensure AP/AR postings are correctly reflected in our account
- Supporting month-end and year-end close processes
- Analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status
- Spotting errors and suggesting ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Providing technical support and advice to our external accountants
- Reviewing and recommending modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Providing input into department’s goal-setting processes
- Assisting with tax audits and tax returns
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Proven experience working in credit control and proven understanding of cashflow
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close processes
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages- experience using Quickbooks is a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Excellent Excel skills
Hourly rate $18-20. We are open to full-time and part-time (~3 days/week). In addition to excellent opportunities for growth and development, at Natoora you will be offered fresh food purchase discounts.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please specify:
– Your interest in working for Natoora
– Your experience working with Sage, Quickbooks and Excel
Applications excluding this information will not be considered.