- Are you excited about using your
technical expertise to ensure no one in Alameda County goes to bed hungry?
- Does hearing the words, “It works now!” make your
ears perk up?
- Do you love working with people?
- Do you want to apply your innovative team management skills to
helping one of the Bay Area’s top non-profits — and a nationally recognized
leader in hunger relief — demonstrate their community impact?
If you said, “Absolutely!” to these questions, the Alameda County
Community Food Bank could be looking for you as our next IT
In partnership with the Director of IT, the IT Manager is
accountable for ensuring continuity of technology services for end users by
providing second-tier support for desktop, network, infrastructure, servers,
and applications. The IT Manager works to attain a high level of end user
satisfaction, maintain a stable technology environment, and enable Food Bank
staff to achieve their mission goals. This role manages help desk functions
including ticket and escalation management for all desktop and data center
systems. The IT Manager will provide leadership, coaching and supervision to
the Desktop Support Technician and Systems Administrator.
Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years’
experience in a technology management or systems or network administrator
role, supporting a small or mid-sized Windows Server environment.
years’ experience of hands-on Windows Server Administration experience
which encompasses maintaining a
Microsoft Infrastructure (Active Directory domains, O365, DNS,
DHCP, File Sharing and Permissions, Group Policies, etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience motivating,
training, and supervising at least one direct report or volunteers.
technical knowledge of servers, networks, telecommunications, and PC
- Superior customer service skills including but not limited to empathy, tact and patience; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
experience in analysis, evaluation, and implementation of IT systems and
- Proven project management experience with
setting and driving timelines and deliverables for multiple concurrent
supporting security infrastructure – firewalls, IPS/IDS, VPN, and
working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite including SharePoint and
- Experience working with people from diverse
ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds; and with a wide range of
technology comfort levels.
- Adept at collaborative problem-solving, engaging staff, vendors, and leadership to build consensus and achieve aligned solutions.
and effective communicator; excellent presentation, negotiation, and
- Familiarity with programing, scripting,
markup languages and web technologies.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated experience with accurate time keeping and effective time management.
- Experience leading implementation of a
multi-year org-wide system upgrade plan; experience moving an organization
from on-site servers to cloud file storage or similar transition a plus.
- Working knowledge of Teams and SharePoint
back-end administration structure and site design.
- Experience developing training curricula
and materials and facilitating trainings one-on-one and in groups.
- PMP training or certification a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, innovation and diversity.
- Excellent judgment; impeccable integrity
and honesty; ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation
toward action, innovation and process improvement.
- Innovative self-starter and critical
thinker with a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude and desire
to help others.
- Ability to work both independently and in
a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds and
This work is located in an office environment. Physical
activities necessary in the performance of this job include the abilities to:
sit at a computer workstation for up to five hours at a time; operate computer
and phone equipment; move throughout the 118,000 sq. ft. food bank facility in
performance of duties; lift and carry up to 30 lbs. on occasion; visit
community settings; conduct site visits including walking, bending and squatting.
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through
Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (7.5 hour workday; 1 hour unpaid lunch).
The non-negotiable starting salary for this position is $103,700 annually. We
offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: ACCFB pays 100% for
employees and 93% for dependents for our Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to
Blue Shield Platinum or Gold PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% employer-paid for
employees and their dependents.
- Vision: Paid by employees.
- Paid time off starting at: 15
vacation days, 12 sick days, 12 holidays, and four paid early closures
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending and
- Employer-paid life, AD&D
& LTD insurance, as well as buy-up options for increased coverage.
- 403(b) plan available on the
first day with employer match after one year. Fully vested at three years.
- Employee Assistance Program for
employees and dependents.
- Free 1:1 financial coaching and
an interest, service fee and credit requirement-free short-term loan
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission,
please send your resume and answer the application
questions on our careers page located at accfb.org/careers/
County Community Food Bank honors our differences and is committed to creating
a workplace that celebrates and reflects the diversity of our Community.
Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted: November 9, 2022