The Innovation and Merchandising Manager is the key leader at Good Eggs who translates consumer insights into prioritized recommendations for merchandising and “solutions that serve”. This position will drive development and execution of Good Eggs’ solutions program, to serve the needs of our core customers as they take back dinner. This manager will have a blend of strategic vision, knowledge of e-commerce, successful management of cross-functional projects and proven history of meaningful impact.
Duties and responsibilities
- Take unstructured problems and move past simple insights into actionable recommendations.
- Continually drive research insights and exploration of new trends in the solution space.
- Own availability, margins and volume of “solutions that serve”, including curation of that category through sku rationalization.
- Coordinate high-level relationships with chefs, food writers and other producer partners to drive product ideation and solution gap fills.
- Provide vision and guidance for the evolution and continuous improvement of the customer-facing website.
- Own site merchandising and curation that increases customer discovery and grows AOV.
- Conduct statistical tests for merchandising optimization.
- Own site navigation, item tags and classifications and customer facing taxonomy.
- Build new processes and procedures to develop best practices for site changes and updates.
- Establish cross-functional relationships in order to effectively grow and maintain business and financial expectations.
- Define, prioritize, and manage search, discovery and recommendation initiatives to support ecommerce goals from stakeholders across the company.
- Partner with Grocery Category Lead & Produce Category Lead to implement pricing strategy across site.
- Partner with Marketing team to coordinate editorial content with merchandising features.
- Perform other duties as required
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- 5+ years relevant work experience in ecommerce merchandising
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication and time management skills, including strong written and oral communication skills
Relevant Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of working in a fast-growing and fast-moving company
- Demonstrated strength in conceptual, innovative strategy and execution
- A relentless focus on data-driven decision making
- The ability to lead and influence across diverse stakeholder groups
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
- Passion for and familiarity with food industry, food habits and food trends
- Understanding of margins and profitability
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office suite software (i.e. spreadsheets, presentation, and word processing software)
- Ability to understand and engage with new tools, including providing feedback on internal software