The Human Resources Manager is an in-house position that will oversee HR policy and compliance (at both the federal and state level), onboarding and offboarding, HRIS, benefits administration, payroll, and employee relations for Oyster Sunday and our clients. They will also be responsible for continuing to enhance the employee experience in alignment with Oyster Sunday’s company values.
Full-Time | Remote | Salaried
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and employment legislation and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to human resources.
- Responsible for new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently followed by developing SOPs and ensuring that leaders are fully trained.
- Establish best practices for the employee life cycle from onboarding through offboarding.
- Conduct bi-annual human resources audit aimed to report on compliance with existing policies, identification of nonconformity with laws and internal policies, and recommendations for enhancements.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate on compliance with employment laws.
HRIS, Benefits + Payroll
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system (HRIS) that strategically meets personnel information needs, including the development of employee statistics, such as turnover, retention, tenure, and diversity.
- Manage the administration of benefits (including benefits such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits, workers compensation insurance, short term disability insurance and unemployment benefits), and leave management and claims (FMLA, state leave laws, Paid Time Off, Workers Compensation, and Short-Term Disability).
- Ensure that Oyster Sunday employees and clients are aware of the full suite of benefits offered and how to take advantage of them to ensure maximum positive impact.
- Maintain payroll systems and records.
- Oversee all stages of the employment process.
- Offer coaching and guidance to management teams on performance management, employee relations, and terminations.
- Work directly with management teams to assist with personnel matters, including resolving employee conflicts and advising on the coaching and progressive discipline process.
- Assist hourly employees in navigating all stages of the employment process.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a human resources role.
- Experience working in the hospitality industry is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related fields from an accredited university is preferred but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment laws including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, HIPAA, and EEO laws and regulations.
- Spanish language skills are an added value but not required.
- Empathy, and the ability to relate to someone else’s experience in order to understand their feelings and needs.
- Strategic and results-oriented decision-making skills.
- Innovation and flexibility when dealing with changing and ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills including successful leadership of projects from planning phase through completion.
- Excellent leadership, partnership, and team-building skills.