The Head of Sales will develop the brand’s B&M sales & distribution strategy, manage existing digital/e-tail sales channels, and drive execution to deliver annual revenue and profit goals. This key leadership position will work closely with the Founder and other Executives to develop and implement a national sales strategy for our growing brand. The ideal candidate will have experience in strategic management of an omnichannel strategy that spans both retail and digital as well as the ability to manage Broker Partners and buyer relationships.
We are looking for an exceptional sales executive with demonstrable experience and a proven track record with scaling and fast growth business – with both digital and retail experiences. Must also have experience in the dietary supplement category, with a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends.
You are a quick thinker and thrive in a dynamic, scrappy and highly collaborative (cross-functional) environment. You can flex easily from the big picture to the fine details. The right candidate will also be passionate about health and wellness, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced emerging brand environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to develop and execute outstanding sales strategies that drive significant growth.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategy: Develop strategic sales plans and omnichannel expansion opportunities to achieve the company’s sales goals
- Execution: Lead the execution of a strategic sales plan to expand the Further Food product line throughout our existing wholesale channels & partners, as well as grow new channels and accounts. Lead our key accounts and help us expand into other leading retailers and wholesalers (both digital and B&M).
- Reporting, Forecasting, Data Analysis: Own sales forecasts and track actual sales performance vs. budget, including analytics on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Review and analyze sales and operational records and reports; use data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets. Lead and establish high-quality processes for forecasting, planning, and budgeting.
- Sales Planning: Create and manage annual promotional plans and sales/trade incentives. Work with the marketing team to ensure promotional executions are aligned to brand standards.
- Grow & Manage Team: Develop and lead a high performing sales team to achieve maximum results
- Minimum 8+ years experience in sales management roles, including several years in the dietary supplement category
- Direct experience with club, grocery, national regional distributors, as well as independent retailers. Digital channel experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of making and growing sales and profit margins year-over-year
- Strong knowledge of go-to-market strategies, shopper marketing, and channel strategies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Proven ability to hire, manage, and motivate a sales team
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, analytical, energetic, flexible, and results-oriented
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work hands-on in a dynamic, ambiguous, and deadline-driven environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects at once, last-minute requests, and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
- Share our mission to help everyone eat better to further their health, naturally
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not make employment decisions based on an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other legally protected status, and we comply with all laws concerning nondiscriminatory employment practices. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for employees and job applicants with disabilities.