PLANETARIANS’ patent-pending technology adds value to overlooked ingredients like defatted seeds, converts them into a high-protein, high-fiber ingredient, and helps food manufacturers fortify a variety of food products with natural protein and fiber from seeds.
SunMeal – an ingredient from sunflower defatted seeds – is available in flour-like and crisps-like form with the neutral, pleasant taste of sunflower seeds. SunMeal has 35%plant-based protein, 18%fiber, and just 1%fat.
SunMeal is allergen free and non-GMO, unlike soy-based proteins. SunMeal is 5x cheaper than pea protein, and is a good source of fiber. SunMeal has 2x more protein than beer spent grain flour. Replacing 30% of All-purpose flour with SunMeal doubles the protein and fiber content, keeping costs the same.
Imagine food becomes superfood, healthy fast food, cost-effective humanitarian food aid… Imagined? – Your job is to make it real.
You will focus on our B2B sales (food, foodservice and formulations companies), you’ll play a critical role in growing the company. You’ll source and close accounts with new partners for mutual product development and ingredient sales. You will attend various conferences and events as well as leverage any potential networks to significantly build the business. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop and shape systems and strategies as you design PLANETARIANS’s sales processes with food, foodservice and formulations customers. This position may be remote.
PLANETARIANS was featured by Today’s Dietitian, ABC, Sustainable Brands, Mind Body Green, Successful Farming. PLANETARIANS efforts recognized as an Emerging Innovator in the Circular Economy by Ellen Macarthur Foundation.
- Serve as an outside sales executive to fill pipeline and close new B2B food, foodservice and formulations companies, working closely with the CEO
- Identify & source potential buyer accounts
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with buyers
- Reach out to potential new accounts via phone, email, and in-person meetings to fact find and generate new leads (travel 30%)
- Gather buyer data and research market to determine appropriate pricing for company products and services
- Decide final buyer pricing, negotiate contract and agreements and close buyers.
- Support new buyer operational roll-out, working closely with the R&D and Operations team
Skills & Experience
- Passion for PLANETARIANS’ mission
- Persistent go-getter with 5-10 years of experience in B2B Sales or Business Development (in food, ingredient sales or produce, a big plus)
- BA, Business or similar (MBA a plus but not required)
- Experienced project manager who can juggle a lot of moving parts with strong executional / operational roll-out skills
- Ability to prequalify accounts and consistently fill the pipeline to meet sales goals
- Proactive / Takes initiative; ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Strong organizational skills (keeping CRM up-to-date) and follow-through, detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface across departments for flawless execution
- Existing network and/or understanding of food manufacturing or produce industry a plus, but not required
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred