The Goods Mart (TGM), the New York -based brick-and-mortar better-for-you convenience store and direct-to-consumer snack box curator that values doing good, community and people above all else…is looking for you!
We’re on a mission to make better-for-your foods more accessible and to celebrate the incredible makers of all colors and backgrounds that make a positive impact on our food system. You can expect to find a friendly “hello” paired with upgrades to typical store staples, all while discovering new favorites.
A new kind of destination where neighbors get to know each other while grabbing a delicious coffee, a candy bar, a tasty sandwich, chips, or the essentials — eggs, toilet paper, and milk. The Goods Mart is rebuilding community – and you can be a part of the movement! From neighborhood food gatherings and monthly giveback, TGM is an entirely unexpected convenience store with a sweet ethos and mindful, meaningful work culture.
The Goods Mart has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, goop, Business Insider, Fast Company, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, Marie Claire, Marth Stewart, and more.
About The Role
The Goods Mart (TGM) is looking for a Head of Operations to lead its NYC-based stores and direct-to-consumer snack box business.
Do Good! Leadership, Team Hiring & Development, Store Flow
- Communicate relevant sales, standards, expectations, policy changes & product knowledge to team
- Oversee all operations and flow of all locations, including online store
- Understand and upholds TGM ingredient standards
- Assist in the selection of personnel and schedules and trains, assigns, supervises, evaluates staff
- Continuously inspects stores to ensure security and safety, including removal of safety hazards and modification of unsafe behaviors
- Work closely with Founder to order products and ensure stores are fully stocked, faced, prices and rotated, following established merchandising procedures
- Promote teamwork and compliance with company policies, standards and directives
- Implement the design and implementation of procedures for ordering, receiving, inventory tracking, and back-room organization
- Inspect all equipment to ensure they are operating properly
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Do Good! Sales & Customer Service
- Responsible for the profitability of the stores, meets labor, sales and margin goals determined in accordance with the Founder
- Ensures that employees provide excellent customer service and receive appropriate customer service training
- Monitor customer service to ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service
Do Good! Marketing & Expansion
- Coordinate introduction of new items with designated buyers
- Elevate TGM location delivery business
- Direct department merchandising layout including special displays and promotions with Founder
Qualifications & Experience
- At least four to six+ years of experience in merchandising and relevant grocery/hospitality knowledge
- Team player – no task is too small or too big
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to help TGM grow
- Be creative and think outside the box
- Excellent communication skills
- Fun and excited to work in a fast pace start up
- Must be available to work various shifts if needed
TGM Physical Requirements
- Stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Climb ladders, squat, bend
- Lift and carry boxes and crates up to 50 pounds
- Extend arms overhead and reach for products and boxes
- May work both inside and outside in wet and/or cold weather conditions
- Stock shelves using carts, box cutters and dollies