The Head of Operations will be responsible for the daily systems controls of Mavuno Harvest’s quality, components, inventory, suppliers, manufacturing, and customer service. Working directly with the Founder/CEO, they will manage current policies and procedures, fulfillment and production needs, and roadmap an ambitious expansion of Mavuno Harvest’s agricultural supply chain and social mission originating in Sub-Saharan Africa. Additional duties include production planning (material supply, label management, supplier relations, inventory control, optimization of sku mix), and quality documentation, warehousing, and customer management.
Mavuno Harvest was founded to provide family farmers in Africa with a fair, stable market for their agricultural products. Started by a Peace Corps volunteer, our company sources and sells premium organic dried fruits and nuts grown and processed directly by African farmers, the proceeds of which sustain their local communities. Growing steadily each year, Mavuno Harvest has a strong national presence in major conventional and natural grocers as well as online. Our new warehouse in Philadelphia will soon be outfitted with a state-of-the-art automated production line, and we are poised to deepen our relationship with farmers in Africa through a series of mission-driven initiatives, including the creation of a network of local agricultural and community centers.
- Manage and coordinate incoming and outgoing freight.
- Plan, prepare and execute production goals.
- Manage small team of production workers, including hiring, training and evaluating.
- Maintain inventory of supplies in warehouse.
- Operate and demonstrate use of specialized warehouse equipment as necessary; assure proper and routine maintenance and servicing of warehouse equipment.
- Observe health and safety regulations; maintain warehouse in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Assist management in establishing warehouse standards and procedures; advise of budget-related needs
Skills & Experience
- Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures.
- Methods of receiving, inspecting and issuing materials.
- Operation of a forklift and other assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Space utilization and inventory techniques.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Principles and practices of training and providing work direction.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Lift, move, sort and store objects.
- Maintain accurate records of stock transactions.
Please send cover letter and resume explaining who you are, why you would be a good fit, and why you want to work with us.
$70,000 – $90,000 (Commensurate with experience)
Why You Should Work With Us
We work hard in order to well. We’re committed to growth in order to accomplish our goals.