Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is looking for a passionate and committed Grower to join the Team. The Grower will be responsible for crop production and farming in the Bowery production facilities. With the goal of operational excellence, the Grower will leverage objective data to manage the growing environment and cultural practices at the Bowery production facilities ensuring that yield and quality targets are met. Working with colleagues in Data Science, Engineering and AgScience, the Grower will ensure that environmental conditions, plant nutrition, and practices are maintained according to Bowery standards. She/He will also be implementing new innovations into production. The role will be based at Bowery’s NJ facility.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitoring of environmental conditions and executing remediation plans when out of compliance
- Analyzing yield and quality in the production farms. Troubleshooting crop issues and diagnosing health, damage or quality issues.
- Complete root cause analysis using objective data of crop issues and developing action plans
- Administer fertigation strategies to meet plant nutrient specs
- Conduct pest and disease management programs
- Partnering with R&D Teams to continually test and revise cultivation practices and products
- Documents standard cultivation practices in SOPs and provide training for Farm Operators.
What You’ll Have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Horticulture, Plant Science, Controlled Environment Science with experience in a production environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- A high level of ownership of agricultural operations
- Drive for innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to drive to clarity in the face of ambiguity
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.