The Future Market is seeking brand ambassadors for a pop-up exhibit installation during the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco on January 13, 14, and 15, 2019 at the Moscone Center.
The exhibit is focused on the issue of Biodiversity and its role in helping to build a more sustainable food future. We will be featuring content that tells the story of why Biodiversity is important and what the food industry can do to help.
Alongside this content, we will be featuring our Future Market concept products, displayed in a digital interactive experience, that illustrate visions of the kinds of products that we might see in a grocery store over the next 5-25 years. You can learn more about our concept products here.
The Brand Ambassador will be expected to become well versed in the Biodiversity content within the exhibit, the 34 concept products, as well as general talking points about the Future Market project. Main tasks during the show are interfacing with conference attendees, walking attendees through our digital shopping experience, and answering questions.
Must have great interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Passion for the future of food, creative spirit, and sense of humor are a must! No food sampling / serving required.
- The main tasks are interacting with conference attendees, walking attendees through our digital shopping experience, and answering questions about our concept products.
- Brand Ambassadors must learn the product stories for 34 concept products, key talking points related to our Biodiversity exhibit content, and talking points on our vision of the future of food/retail. No food sampling / serving required.
- We’ll send you literature to study up prior to the show and will have a quick tutorial of the digital shopping experience on site.
Skills & Experience
- Passion for innovation and the future of food
- Working knowledge of the food industry and food tech
- Ability to think creatively with an open-mind about what could exist in the future
- Comfortable speaking with conference attendees for extended periods of time
- Able to be standing on your feet for up to 7-8 hours at a time
- Ability to learn quickly and become conversational in complex food innovation topics
- Sense of humor and wonder are a must.
Please include any past experience in similar brand ambassador roles for food or non-food. San Francisco/Bay Area based candidates are strongly preferred, as we are not able to compensate for travel expenses.
Compensation is $25/hr, which includes 4 hrs for product study time prior to the show. You will need to be present at our exhibit in the show during the following dates/times: Jan 13 (9a – 5p), Jan 14 ( 10a – 5p), and Jan 15 (10a – 4p). Ambassadors will get a 30 min paid lunch break + 10 min paid break each day.
Why You Should Work With Us
The Future Market is a futurist food lab that imagines what the world of food could look like in the next 5-25 years. At the heart of the experience are 34 concept products, a digital shopping interface, and vignettes on the most pressing issues facing the future of food, like Biodiversity. We are a place where ambitious ideas and dreams can come to life in food.