A fast-growing startup focused on providing high quality, plant-based nutrition, Ora Organic, is looking for a technically adept front-end developer with an eye for business, sales and design.
You will work with the CTO and Marketing Team to develop and enhance the Ora Organic website, landing pages, affiliate pages, market research campaigns, email campaigns, company dashboards, (beautiful) reporting templates, and more.
Ora Organic is a tech-enabled digitally native startup (think Warby Parker, Bonobos, or Everlane of nutrition), primarily focused on selling direct through its website, as well as on Amazon. With new sales channels opening up domestically and internationally in the next few months, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with front-end technologies for e-commerce stores, including JS, jQuery, HTML, CSS, SASS and Shopify Liquid. On top of that, you will have a solid grasp on concepts like SEO, Conversion Rate Optimization, A/B Testing (Optimizely, Google Optimize), Pixel Tracking, and an intuition for what makes a great User Experience. Additional knowledge of SQL, d3.js, RoR, AnimeJS a great bonus.
This is not your typical front-end dev role; our CTO acts primarily as a growth hacker in close partnership with the marketing and customer service teams. You will be the primary technical contact for these teams, and work with them to develop high converting, on-brand campaigns (and growth hacks), with a focus on acquiring new customers and generating revenue.
*We are not currently accepting applicants who require sponsorship to work in the US*
What you should bring
- A high quality portfolio of self developed front end projects for Mobile and Desktop (Websites, Email Marketing Campaigns, Landing pages, etc.)
- Examples of coding projects using CSS, HTML and JS, not using drag and drop tools or WYSIWYG editors
- Examples of responsive web design (mobile or web apps)
- Evidence of growth hacks and effect on company performance in terms of CAC, CTR, CVR and other metrics also a big bonus
- An analytical mindset with a beautiful aesthetic
- A desire to create your own work, ideate quickly, and keep multiple projects on the go efficiently
- Technical proficiency with front-end programming languages and technologies, including: JS, jQuery, HTML, CSS, and Shopify Liquid
- Technical proficiency with image processing applications including Sketch, Photoshop, Affinity/Illustrator
- Ability to work with Sketch mockups and Invision to convert into a beautiful digital experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SEO, A/B testing
- Strong understanding of UX and UI flows in the ecommerce experience
- Very strong written communication skills, including perfect spelling and grammar
- Understanding of and ability to use Analytics tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, KISSMetrics etc. to report to senior management and marketing teams with actionable insights
- Ability to use and execute A/B tests with tools such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, and return actionable insights to the CTO for future projects
- Development experience in eCommerce (Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento)
- Familiarity with SASS
- Knowledge and use of version control systems (Github)
What you’ll be doing
- Design and optimize the Ora Organic website theme on Shopify
- Develop landing pages for advertising campaigns
- Develop product detail pages for the Ora website and other sales channels
- A/B test UI and UX concepts on the Ora website, and across landing pages
- Provide technical assistance to the Customer Service and Marketing departments
- Work with the Marketing team to optimize blog content and presentation
- Assist with the building of reporting dashboards for senior management
- Research and develop new concepts for better engaging and informing the customer regarding their purchased products or information submitted to Ora Organic
A bit about the Ora culture
- We work hard – some days are long, some are short, but overall we’re pushing to change an $80 billion dollar industry, and we need people who are as passionate as we are to do it
- We’re foodies – we love good food, and we’re always looking for the next place to dine out or recipe to try in the office
- We’re open, honest, and positive – we keep things out in the open, and if something is going wrong we don’t wait around for it to all fall apart. We face problems head on, together, and we come to each other with solutions
- We’re inclusive – Ora Organic is a safe space for us, our customers, our employees, our friends, our family, everyone.
- Beach, beers and good times – well, we’re a San Diego based company so we love the beach, chill vibes, and a crafty brew (or kombucha) as the sun goes down!