BrightFarms is seeking an experienced, proactive, driven FP&A Senior Manager on its Finance team. Through clean and accurate financial modeling, business driving quantitative analyses, and strategic thinking, you will play a critical role in decision-making and the Company’s overall business planning and forecasting process. As the FP&A Senior Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading and refining the Company’s budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and reporting processes to capture the growing complexities of the business. You will act as a thought partner to cross-functional teams to drive the analysis of high impact projects supporting operations, sales, and geographic expansion. While you will be overseeing and managing the workload for (currently) one financial analyst, you will also be conducting your own analyses and reporting.
You will be a highly independent, self-starter who collaborates with functions across the Company including direct interactions with the C-suite executives in the Company. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which includes managing expected and unexpected deadlines. You possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and can influence others without direct authority.
The FP&A Senior Manager will be a crucial member of a small, dedicated team that owns all aspects of Finance in a growth-stage company. The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and can bring that expertise to BrightFarms. You will report to the Finance Director and be based in our Westchester, New York office (upon reopening post pandemic).
What you’ll do:
- Forecasting, Budgeting, and Reporting – work closely with Operations teams and business leaders to gather insights into variance analyses and forecasting, be a key player in enterprise-wide annual budget and strategic planning processes, responsible for monthly operations metrics tr4acking and reporting, partnering with Accounting to manage and execute standardized reporting and support continuous enhancement of monthly reporting processes.
- Business Partner to Operations – strong, vocal, and professional business partner to Ops teams to assist them in understanding drivers and trends in their business, identify growth opportunities in the business and develop ideas with business leaders into strategic business plans including financial outcomes.
- Labor Analysis – Partner with Greenhouse leads and HR to conduct Greenhouse level labor analyses to understand current labor trends and identify opportunities.
- Customer Profitability – work closely with Sales to calculate and report customer level profits and conduct pricing analyses related to pricing resets and new customer proposals.
- Support executive team in the production of quarterly and ad hob presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Oversight of Financial Analyst
Who You are:
- 8+ years experience with at least 4+ in FP&A, Corporate Finance, or Strategic Finance
- CPG Experience Required, Food & Beverage experience highly preferred
- Experience leading change management and conducting heavy financial analysis
- Experience supporting Operations function of a Company is a plus
- Detail-Oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through cross-functional collaboration across various levels and functions
- Exceptional Excel and Financial Modeling skills are a must, experience using python and SQL a plus
- Passionate about using data to drive business decisions
- Hard-working with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Must be able to commute to office in Westchester, NY 2x/week post pandemic
- Passionate about sustainability and health food — including BrightFarms’ mission criteria listed below:
- Health of Society and the Planet
- Investing in Local Communities’
- Grown Local and Delivered Fresh
Compensation: $90-110K, 20% bonus, stock options