We’re looking for an entry-level food technician to join our team at KitchenTown! This position will support the development of new food and beverage products in our Innovation Lab. The ideal candidate should have a passion for food and the ability to learn and work on different projects at the same time.
Our Innovation Lab is an exciting hub of energy at the center of food innovation. You will get to work on a wide array of projects, learn from the best in the industry, and get an inside look into the world of food startups. We’re looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working independently and is eager to learn and grow.
- Prepare and analyze benchtop prototypes using a variety of methods available in the R&D test kitchen
- Support documentation for nutrition labelling and ingredient specifications
- Coordinate shelf-life testing as needed
- Maintain laboratory supplies, equipment, and ingredients inventory
- Provide customer project support as needed
- Coordinate product cuttings as directed/needed
- Execute projects according to work timelines
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- 0-1 year experience working in food science
- B.S. in food science or related field
- Good laboratory practices including organized data documentation and presentation, attention to detail, and ability to follow batch protocols
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects/tasks at any given time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Genesis a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: Food Technician.
This is a full-time, hourly position, rate depending on experience.
We are not able to offer relocation services at this time.