Bi-Rite Family of Businesses is seeking a Food Services Director (FSD). This is a key operational role, responsible for successful execution and scaling of Bi-Rite Housemade product manufacturing at our Catering and Commissary Kitchen and Bakery. This role focuses on financial success, operational efficiency, product taste and quality, people management, and occupational, facility and food safety. This role requires a proven track record in optimizing and scaling a food production facility, stellar leadership and people management skills, and the ability to successfully manage the technical aspects of the business. The FSD directly supervises the Culinary Director, Commissary Kitchen General Manager and the Director of Catering Services. The FSD helps execute our company-wide strategies to support the Bi-Rite Service, Product and Training Missions, Vision 2024 and Community Values of Love, Passion, and Integrity.
- Ambassador of the Bi-Rite Service Mission to guide staff in giving great internal and external service. “We care for each and every member of our community as a guest in our home. We serve seamlessly; we inspire; we surprise; we feed, and are fed.”
- Uses the Bi-Rite Three Steps to Giving Great Service and Bi-Rite Five Steps to Handling a Guest Complaint.
- Directly manages the Culinary Director, Commissary Kitchen General Manager, and Director of Catering Services.
- Recruits, trains and continually develops outstanding staff members, improving staff member morale, retention, safety and performance. Maintains a culture consistent with the Bi-Rite Missions, Vision and Community Values.
- Encourages staff engagement and retention and increases their overall performance. Evaluates staff quarterly to review performance and create staff goals in line with our 2024 Vision and their professional growth.
- Works closely with the People + Culture team to develop and manage the staff experience.
- Ensures that all hiring and training standards are met and documented.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to ensure product strategy contributes to the overall Bi-Rite Family of Businesses’ brand strategy.
- Executes strategic plan for all Housemade products – from product development to guest satisfaction.
- Oversees product development systems. Evaluates taste, safety, cook-ability, shelf-life, cost, margin and sales before executing new products.
- Owns the development, implementation and maintenance of quality assurance systems. Ensures product integrity, excellent flavor and freshness, and minimizes waste and out of stock (OOS).
- Works directly with the Buyer Team and adheres to the Product Mission when making decisions. Helps achieve our Zero Waste goals.
- Owns the strategy, overall growth and financial success of the Housemade and Catering businesses.
- Develops and manages the annual budget, P&L, and capital investment strategy. Meets or exceeds agreed-upon financial targets.
- Connects each staff members’ contributions to the financial success of the business.
- Oversees organized and accurate inventory levels and period end physical counts. Maintains lowest possible inventory while keeping OOS to virtually zero.
- Oversees the successful management of the Catering and Commissary businesses – all processes and programs related to business operations.
- Increases efficiency and effectiveness of operations, including: information technology, process improvement techniques, internal/external training, motivation/management techniques, and cross-training culture.
- Builds systems and training that establishes and maintains: excellent product quality, just-in-time purchasing, accurate/consistent receiving and efficient stocking practices.
- Audits payroll for accuracy and compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Ensures departments plan for and adjust to change and business fluctuations as needed.
- Complies with employee policies and practices in the Bi-Rite Staff Guide.
- Maintains a safe work environment for our staff, preventing accidents and injuries, while ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Participates in monthly inspections and corrects issues promptly.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 10+ years management experience in a high-volume food production or manufacturing facility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strategic, entrepreneurial, process-driven, systems builder that leverages technology and continuous improvement methods to build operational efficiency
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining successful occupational safety, food safety and quality assurance programs
- Financial acumen, including P&L management, preparing margin and waterfall analysis, demonstrated success driving sales and revenue, experience with food costing IT systems, and ROI analysis
- Passion for food and creating an exceptional guest experience
- Experience managing, developing and inspiring staff, including mid-level and senior managers
- Experience with development of new products and catering services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; Bi-lingual English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Change management expertise, including evaluating, designing and implementing new programs and initiatives in a bilingual organization
- Required proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; demonstrated ability to evaluate and implement new technologies
Submit your resume and cover letter directly to: https://goo.gl/gGL1ny. If you are genuinely interested in this exciting opportunity, we’d love for you to take the time to write a few sentences telling what you know and love about the Bi-Rite Family of Businesses, your interest in working at Bi-Rite, and what you hope to learn by working with us.
Bi-Rite does not offer relocation fees.
BI-RITE MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC., IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.