Bio-Logical Capital is seeking a Food and Retail Operations Assistant to join our Denver-based team. The Food and Retail Operations Assistant will support the administrative and strategic processes related to the food system and retail components of our current projects. We’re seeking a candidate who has experience in the restaurant and hospitality world and who is also comfortable with financial modeling and accounting processes. The Assistant will work closely with, and be supported by, the Bio-Logical Capital team and will report directly to the Director of Food Ecosystems and Retail Partnerships. We seek candidates who are strong writers, strategists and systems thinkers, and who can maintain mission focus while digging into essential hands-on work.
Food and Retail Operations:
- Support the accounting and bookkeeping administrative processes on all management and consulting projects that have a food production and/or retail focus
- Support project-based Managers to review and stay aligned with budget constraints, and assist in developing and maintaining cash flow forecasting tools
- Support project-based Managers with all monthly and weekly accounting reconciliation cycles
- Gather and organize data to support project level operations
- Refine and manage budgets for current projects, and work with project teams to set quarterly goals and review progress on those established benchmarks
- Assist with all composition and creative writing associated with business planning, and investor reporting
Denver Office and General BLC team Support:
- Primary point of contact for Denver office management vendors (Box, Gmail, Salesforce, etc.), including managing contract terms, approving invoices, managing organization of each tool, etc.
- Support Bio-Logical team with project research on food, ecosystems, agriculture, and other related topics
- Sorting, Processing and Distributing incoming and outgoing BLC mail
- Support strategic project planning sessions by contributing, capturing, organizing, and summarizing ideas and notes shared during the session
- Supporting Data management of operational projects (on Box and Salesforce)
- Editing and participating in the creation of outward-facing material, such as blogs, investor communications, proposals, consulting contracts, etc.
- Support Additional Denver Office Administration as needed
Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree required
- Experience in retail and/or food service business administration
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in relevant fields such as restaurant and food service operations, retail or wholesale food production, hospitality and guest experience focused business
- Proficiency with Macs and Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent writing and analytical skills will be critical to success in this position – qualified candidates will have some financial modeling experience and a general understanding of retail and food production financial concepts and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills, great self-awareness and a high level of emotional intelligence are all required to succeed in this position
- Strong intellectual and philosophical alignment with the mission of the company
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and systematic, accuracy-driven approach
- Demonstrated comfort in a variety of settings, i.e. as adept at touring a farm in work clothes and boots as in professional attire in a corporate office setting
- Ability to work independently and also within a multidisciplinary team environment – operating at high capacity with high standards
- Minimum of 3 professional references (see candidate submission requirements)
- Some travel to project sites and business meetings, will be required
- Position is based in Denver, Colorado
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, available start date, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly – no phone calls please.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Why You Should Work With Us
Bio-Logical Capital, LLC, is a land investment, development and conservation company. Our mission is to transform how land is valued, used, and protected. We do this by working with investors and landowners to design, build, conserve and manage diverse land-based projects in urban and rural environments. Our projects leverage sustainable planning and stewardship practices to create regenerative agricultural businesses, walkable communities with appropriate scale, light imprint infrastructure and local food production. Our team believes that people are a part of their environment and that when we listen to, learn from, and deepen our relationship with nature we can create consistent value, long-term productivity, and healthier communities. We also believe that a long-term commitment to land and communities with an “enrich, hold, and share” model deepens people’s relationship with the land, supports vibrant communities, establishes a culture of stewardship, and significantly increases the value of land and the consistency of earnings and returns.