Overview of Findlay Kitchen Incubator Manager Position
Findlay Market is Ohio’s longest running public market and an historic landmark. Key to its current and future success is the
support of a robust environment for food related businesses to start, grow and scale. This is one of the key objectives of
the Corporation for Findlay Market’s strategic plan.
With the recent opening of Findlay Kitchen, Findlay Market is quickly developing as the region’s premier entrepreneurial
ecosystem for small food related businesses. To keep the momentum strong, Findlay Kitchen must continue to work
towards consistent revenue generation through strategic targeting of new members, creation of growth opportunities for
promising members, and a template for attracting high revenue-generating events. Strengthening relationships and making
new connections to drive go-to-market strategies and opportunities for entrepreneurs is the next step in incubation service
The Incubator Manager has responsibility for effective management of daily operations so the organization is able to meet
these goals. This includes developing and maintaining external relationships with partner organizations, as well as internal,
new member recruitment and existing member retention and growth support. Ensuring the right mix of products,
members, and business and sales growth opportunities, will be key to financial and mission-based success. The Incubator
Manager will work closely with the Director of Food Innovation in developing programming that supports Findlay Kitchen’s
mission and members.
The Incubator Manager must track and report key data related to grants, funding, and programmatic
The Incubator Manager will manage kitchen scheduling, payments and billing through the online platform, keeping abreast
of system updates and improvements, and ensuring operations run effectively, efficiently and without significant
administrative input. Financial management is expected through an understanding of monthly budget projections and how
Findlay Kitchen is tracking, ensuring constant communication with the Director of Food Innovation.
The Incubator Manager has oversight of general facility management, including compliance with all federal, state and local
codes pursuant to specific facility and member licensing. This includes tracking and reporting appropriate ongoing
regulatory data, and that related to keeping current facility and membership requirements.
The Incubator Manager’s success will be measured in part by the following goals:
- (Goal) Expand infrastructure to support a minimum of 3 new opportunity areas for entrepreneurs by 2018.
o (Strategy) Utilize Findlay Kitchen to provide business support services to all market entrepreneurs.
o (Strategy) Expand internal and external sales channel access.
- (Goal) Ensure Findlay Kitchen is revenue-growing by 2017. (Strategy) Achieve utilization rates of 50% in year 2, 60% in year 3, 70% in year 4, 80% in year 5.
o (Strategy) Build out a class and event planning template requiring minimal staff oversight.
o (Strategy) Continue to seek funding to support 100% of programmatic costs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Manage Facility Operations
- Maintenance Oversight – Manage the Facility Coordinator, ensuring expectations are met.
o General oversight of facility, including equipment, utilities, security and access.
o Identification and implementation of operational process improvements.
- Oversee adherence to city, state, federal requirements for commercial kitchens and member licensing.
o Maintain scheduling, reservation, records and payment system.
- Manage application and membership process, including tours and onboardings.
- Assist Director of Food Innovation in management of budget, and provide monthly reporting and
overview of facility revenue and expenses.
Programming and Classroom Events
- Classroom Kitchen Programming – Manage the Marketing Co-Op; oversee planning and approval of class
curriculum and events, ensuring alignment with mission and proper monetization, invoicing and payment.
- Business Support Services – Provide members access to business growth support through partner
connections, and development of exclusive sales/promotion opportunities. Develop industry and key
partner relationships. Mentor members through industry experience and connections, and leverage the
entrepreneurial and business community to create new opportunities and support channels. Work closely
with Director of Food Innovation to cultivate robust and innovative service offerings.
- Community Programming Work closely with Director of Food Innovation, to ensure Findlay Kitchen is
making a positive social impact through development of effective programming. Special emphasis should
be given to low income, minority, women, immigrant and refugee communities.
- Meticulous tracking and reporting of program data.
Relationship Management and Outreach
- Participate in outreach activities in the local community; nurture existing and seek out new relationships
with partner agencies and outreach partners.
- Identify fundraising prospects, and assist Director, Food Innovation District in crafting fundraising
- Work with Director, Food Innovation, and Marketing Co-Op, to facilitate outreach efforts and oversee
communication strategy for the organization, ensuring timely execution and on-point messaging,
including social media, printed communication materials, etc
- To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with subject line: Findlay Kitchen
Incubator Manager Application
- The deadline to apply is Friday, December 15, 2017
- For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-744-8003