About Us – Please allow us to introduce ourselves
Sir Kensington’s makes condiments with character. We work to bring integrity and charm to ordinary and overlooked food. Beginning in 2010, we realized that while food was evolving, condiments weren’t. So, we decided to make them better, starting with ketchup. Since then, we launched mayonnaise, mustard, and Fabanaise, and gained a cult following. Now, you can find our condiments in hundreds of leading restaurants, thousands of leading retailers, and millions of meal kit boxes across the country. But we’re just getting started. We aim to be America’s leading natural condiment brand, and we need your help.
In April of 2017, Sir Kensington’s joined Unilever, the leading progressive global consumer products company. With them, we’re part of a family of global brands helping to define the future of good food and good business. With access to Unilever’s resources and expertise, we will continue to operate independently from our SoHo headquarters.
About the Role –When you aren’t eating this is what you will do…
The focus of this role is on Overheads and Spend Optimization and will include the following:
– Lead E2E payroll/benefits administration
– Manage administration of salary, bonus, compliance and benefits for all new/exiting employees within Justworks
– Lead monthly salary/bonus reconciliations with Unilever OH teams for month end reporting
– Monthly update on variances to plan
– Oversee annual healthcare and benefits programs
– Lead cost/benefit analysis on savings initiatives
– Overheads Planning and Analysis
– Co-lead month end close process managing all OH spend variances and drivers
– Communicate monthly OH accruals to Unilever controllers team
– Review monthly expenses by cost center and share monthly detailed results with the team to understand key variance drivers and highlight any risks and opportunities
– Co-lead Annual Operating plan with a focus on Overhead spending
– Template creation
– Kick off meetings with all cost center department heads
- Adhoc Special Projects working with VP of Finance on spend ROI and optimization
This role is based in New York City and reports to the Vice President of Finance.
About You – Necessary ingredients
Are you a doer? A problem solver? An explorer on a culinary journey? You’ll be in good company here and Sir Kensington himself would be delighted to have you aboard. We’re doing things differently, and we need your help. Here are the requirements of the role:
• At least 3-5 years of experience working in finance, preferably for a consumer goods company.
• Excellent lateral thinking and creative-problem solving ability.
• Fluency with Excel, Powerpoint, and general project planning, budget and timeline management.
• Love of food required!
The Special Sauce – Figuratively speaking (though we also make special sauce)
If you’re looking for an entrepreneurial, fast-paced startup environment, you’ll thrive at Sir Kensington’s. But there’s more to it than that. If you’re naturally curious and seek to contribute at a purpose-driven food company, you’ll feel at home here. We extend Sir Kensington’s ethos of “integrity and charm” into the way we work.
• Opportunity to contribute at a fast growing and entrepreneurial company
• All the condiments (with character) you can eat
• A supportive environment which values profession development, personal responsibility, and candor
• Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), restaurant stipend, unlimited snacks, and more
Sir Kensington’s Mission and Values
To bring integrity and charm to ordinary and overlooked food.
1— Our secret ingredient is people.
Our work is teamwork. We foster a supportive environment where our team works with a sense of purpose, potential, and play.
2 — We act with honor, even when no one is looking.
We take pride in our work, delivering on our own sense of potential at every opportunity. Our workmanship is evidence of who we are.
3 — We make condiments with character.
Our products are the most tangible manifestation of our work. They are a reflection of our unique philosophy and distinguished by what we call “Kensington Quality.”
4 — We think long term
We move quickly, but are patient enough to make big things happen. In all parts of our business, we build genuine, lasting relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employment
As Sir Kensington’s first value states, our secret ingredient is people. We seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures to better serve our diverse community of customers.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
If this sounds like a job for you, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Finance Manager”.
We look forward to hearing from you!