Gotham Greens has an immediate opening for an exceptional individual to work directly with the Gotham Greens Marketing team. This role reports to the Marketing + Brand Manager. This role will: contribute to growth of the brand through new customer acquisition and retention and will help develop experiential marketing programs that articulate, influence and further develop the Gotham Greens brand. The ideal candidate is an exceptional brand ambassador who is passionate about sustainable agriculture, well informed on local and regional food culture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for a meticulously organized, enthusiastic, analytical, and self-motivated individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system. Gotham Greens is in the midst of national expansion opening in a handful of new cities across the US. This position is based in New York City with opportunities to transfer to other company locations in the future.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Represent Gotham Greens as a brand ambassador, including organizing and leading demos at events, offices and in store. Perform product demonstrations to educate consumers on the Gotham Greens brand.
- Relationship building to encourage buy-in for the Gotham Greens brand. This includes distribution of GG merchandise and product sampling
- Improve and maintain store relationships with buyers and store managers to gain feedback on ordering procedures and deliveries and preemptively address issues before they escalate
- Make store visits to maintain high quality in-store displays and uphold merchandising standards
Events + Influencer Program
Support experiential marketing efforts by planning and executing local events and activations. Track metrics for post-event recaps and reports. Cultivate relationships with influencers, local chefs and bloggers and expand our local network through greenhouse tours and events.
- Plan logistics and execute events hosted at Gotham Greens, including an outdoor dinner series and behind the scenes tours of Gotham Greens
- Represent the brand at local events and partnership activations with the goal of building relationships, creating opportunities for new marketing partnerships, and raising awareness of our work
- Gather results to contribute to reporting after events and track metrics for ROI
- Support and cultivate new relations with likeminded organizations by:
- Researching new events and initiating local partnership opportunities that activate the Gotham Greens brand throughout our communities
- Build out and maintain database of Marketing Contacts
- Log and track outreach, including email communication, tours and collaborative events
- Support database organization for Marketing team
- Organize and track outreach efforts, tours and influencer outreach in multiple markets
- 1-3 years of relevant (specialty food, restaurants, agriculture) related experience in marketing, operations, sales, or customer service
- Ability to work efficiently and problem solve with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with experience in Microsoft Excel and web-based database platforms such as Salesforce preferred
- Results-focused; loves consistency with an eye for detail
- Research skills, with experience researching local events + media targets a plus
- A strong knowledge of the local New York food scene and an entrepreneurial drive
- Comfortable with speaking to consumers + brands at events and customers in a retail environment
- A flexible schedule is necessary – events may take place on evenings, weekends and holidays
- Basic to intermediate cooking skills (able to cook with and without a recipe) and strong demonstrated food knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate:
- Strong positive attitude, upbeat energy
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food with a desire to contribute to corporate social responsibility and community events
- Knowledge of MS Office required. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, or similar a plus
- Open to moving to other Gotham Greens locations in the future a plus
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is a global pioneer in urban greenhouse agriculture and a leading consumer brand of premium-quality local produce and fresh food products. Gotham Greens’ produce is grown using ecologically sustainable methods in technologically-sophisticated, climate controlled, urban greenhouses. Gotham Greens provides its diverse retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers with a local, reliable, year-round supply of salad greens, herbs and fresh food products grown under the highest standards of food safety and environmental sustainability. The company owns and operates over 170,000 square feet of greenhouse across four facilities in New York and Chicago and currently has 500,000 square feet of greenhouse under development in five US states. Gotham Greens was founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, New York.
We are farmers that live in apartments. Our team is hard working, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative.
Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.