As the Farm Goods Fulfillment Manager, you are primarily responsible for the fulfillment of customer orders from our facility in Hightstown, NJ. Your role requires highly organized management of both people and inventory, maintaining frequent and clear communication with other team members across the organization and assisting our Dispatcher with any relevant operational issues. The majority of your work takes place between the hours of 2pm and 10pm– some evenings require you work later than 10pm. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
- Lead the fulfillment team in the loading of our delivery trucks in an organized and efficient fashion
- Monitor, maintain and organize all perishable and non-perishable inventory
- Maintain the company’s high standards of quality through regimented and meticulous quality control procedures
- Oversee all incoming goods to verify all items are accounted for and in good quality
- Maintain cold chain throughout receiving and fulfillment operations
- Enforce environmental and food safety protocols to ensure all team members and customers are safe and protected
- Manage all relevant administrative duties, such as submitting employee time cards and purchasing of job materials
- Hiring, training, and performance management of fulfillment team
- Provide updates and collaborate with team members in New York City and Director of Operations
- Continuously search for process improvements and ways to streamline efficiency and improve customer experience
Skills & Experience
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Self-motivated and sets high personal standards
- 1-2 years work experience in a warehouse setting
- Prior experience working with food is highly preferred
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent healthcare, dental, and vision benefits.
Why You Should Work With Us
Do you believe in regional food systems? Do you enjoy supporting local economies and growing the market for local food, all while getting your hands dirty?
Are you looking to turn your love of food systems and interest in food distribution into a formal career path? Then this position may be right for you!