Are you keen to spring board into the growing cellular agriculture community, and want to be part of the organization pioneering the field? Are you an impeccable multi-tasker who takes pride in creating organizational systems and structures and handling complex logistics?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, responsible, individual to manage New Harvest’s growing operations and perform administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, community-oriented and professional. The candidate should be capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Executive Assistant” as the subject line.
Application deadline: September 15, 2018
Interviews: mid- to late September
Offer: late September/early October, if a candidate is selected
Start Date: Negotiable
The Executive Assistant, an integral part of the New Harvest team, will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The Executive Assistant is responsible for overseeing all operations and logistics, including designing, managing, and monitoring systems for bookkeeping, planning, scheduling, and documentation. The Executive Assistant should take an intrapreneurial, human-centered, iterative approach to organizing and building capacity in New Harvest’s growing non-profit operations. Other key duties include managing and triaging initial inquiries to New Harvest, coordinating executive communications and community outreach.
The position reports directly to the Executive Director. The role is full-time and based in New York City.
1) Operations and Logistics: Develops and implements organizational strategies and performs administrative duties to advance New Harvest’s work with clarity and accountability.
· Development and maintenance of manuals for New Harvest’s protocols and processes, including managing inventory and invoices,
· Bookkeeping, monitoring and recording expenditures for the organization, including management of university and government grants, as well as restricted donations
· Generating reports and snapshots of New Harvest’s organizational, financial, and operational status
· Planning, scheduling and coordinating complex external meetings, events and retreats, including booking travel
· Collecting and driving key decisions and tasks to maintain organizational health and compliance – documents that need to be signed, payments that need to be made, invitations to respond to, etc.
· Maintaining organized systems for filing paper and electronic documents
· Preparing internal and external documents for team members and industry partners
· Coordinating executive communications, including scheduling meetings, taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with community members
· Multifaceted general office support
2) Community Outreach: Working with the New Harvest team on executing outreach activities.
· Managing the firstname.lastname@example.org account and responding to and/or directing inquiries to the appropriate member of staff.
· Depositing and recording incoming donations, including sending out thank you e-mails and tax-receipts
· Executing snail mailouts of fundraising appeals, donor thank yous, and other mass mailouts which may arise throughout the year.
· Compiling New Harvest’s newsletter
· Managing mailing and distribution lists
· Planning, scheduling and coordinating community events, such as happy hours, information sessions
· Managing inventory of New Harvest merchandise (t-shirts, stickers, pins, etc.), exhibition materials, and office supplies.
· Develop and manage volunteers/interns as needed to manage specific or ongoing tasks
· Community outreach at conferences and tabled events
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
· Advanced Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Calendar, Quickbooks skills, with an ability to become adept with organization-specific programs and software
· Intermediate Photoshop and InDesign CC skills are a plus
· Detail-oriented, well-organized with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
· Strong problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
· Discretion and the ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality
· Demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and adaptability
· Strong listening, communication, and collaboration skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with friendly and professional demeanor
· Intrapreneurial attitude and work ethic
In addition to advancing New Harvest’s mission, New Harvest teammates are committed to openness, community, and honesty.
Compensation is competitive, plus medical, dental, and vision benefits. Start date is negotiable.
New Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.