Spoiler Alert is seeking to build out our Enterprise sales team. We offer an enterprise software solution that helps leading food & beverage manufacturers manage excess and distressed inventory. We have strong partnerships with globally-recognized brands, and we’re looking for a hungry and creative sales rep to take our customer base to the next level.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Sales and take full ownership of revenue generation activities from new accounts. This includes developing new opportunities, creating and executing account strategies, and negotiating contract terms. You’ll have the opportunity to be an early member of our sales team, covering our top 200 accounts with white space territory.
We have a big mission and large market opportunity, and this individual should be passionate about leveraging technology to reduce waste and increase food access. The ideal candidate will possess an extreme sense of urgency, high degree of intelligence, and an aptitude at navigating multi-stakeholder deals rooted in quantifiable P&L benefits across revenue growth, cost reduction, operational efficiency, and risk avoidance.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with senior executives at global food brands within their Supply Chain, Sales, and Finance functions
- Apply a consultative, strategic sales approach to successful navigate complex sales cycles, knowing when to call upon colleagues in Customer Success and Product to support deal advancement
- Spearhead deal negotiation with prospects’ legal and purchasing team, ensuring the right cross-functional stakeholders have been engaged to champion our partnerships, while optimizing for multi-year contracts and customer referenceability
- Apply a thorough understanding of food industry trends to all leadership, management and sales activities, staying keenly aware of market signals, enterprise pricing strategies, and our competitive landscape
- Test new sales, marketing and growth hacking strategies that increase top-of-funnel lead generation and/or (profitably) shorten the overall sales cycle
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team on account management and establishing clear expectations with prospects on the optimal service model and expected value drivers
- Deploy a volume-based SaaS pricing model and work with company leadership to navigate and iterate on contract elements related to term, fee structure, and volume expectations
- Provide ongoing visibility to the state of your pipeline and voice of prospects, including competitive dynamics, new market opportunities, and solution enhancement insights
- Develop and maintain quarterly revenue targets and forecasts for new customer acquisition, with routine reporting for internal audiences and aligned to company-wide OKRs
- Previous VP or Director of Enterprise Sales
- 10+ years of experience in SaaS and with enterprise technology, with a proven track record of fostering relationships with and selling into C-level executives at Fortune 2000 companies
- Demonstrated experience in navigating complex sales cycles, negotiating 6- and 7-figure multi-year contracts, and meeting or exceeding an individual sales quota
- Past success in deploying a cross-functional sales methodology, leveraging colleagues in Customer Success and Product to get deals across the finish line
- A mature understanding of the CPG industry’s supply chain (particularly distribution and retail)
- Familiarity with data-centric products and the supporting pricing and service delivery models
- Experience working in a technical environment and translating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to build trust and empathy across all levels of an organization
- Strong proficiency with MS Office and G Suite, familiarity with business productivity applications (Zoom, Slack, CRM), and a high level of comfort in getting up to speed with new technology
- Willingness to travel domestically and ability to be productive while working remotely
Preferred qualifications include:
- 5 years of sales or business development experience with a fast-paced B2B software company (SaaS, ecommerce, or trade promotion management) that went through multiple rounds of growth
- Sales experience within the food & beverage or CPG industries
- Sales experience dealing with individuals in Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, and/or Finance functions
- Familiarity with inventory management, trade promotion, e-commerce, and analytics tools
About Spoiler Alert
Spoiler Alert is a Boston-based software company helping perishable CPG brands manage excess and slow-moving inventory. Working exclusively at the manufacturing plant or distribution center level, Spoiler Alert offers a best-in-class B2B sales platform that enables food & beverage brands to manage their liquidation processes across a private network of discount retailers and nonprofit channels – with a heavy focus on maximizing value recovery, strengthening customer relationships, and increasing the effectiveness of supply chain managers tasked with handling these typically manual sales processes. Founded by alumni of MIT, Spoiler Alert works with some of the world’s largest brands, including Campbell’s, Danone, HelloFresh, KeHE Distributors, and Kraft Heinz, along with a growing network of discount channels committed to increasing affordable food access.
While we care deeply about our customers’ financial and operational improvements, our team’s hearts and minds are motivated by the impact our work has in addressing some of the largest environmental and social opportunities of our generation – at the intersection of food waste, resource deficiency, climate change, affordable nutrition, and hunger. We couldn’t be more excited to be combining critical technology breakthroughs – including workflow automation, augmented intelligence, wholesale ecommerce, traceability, and supply chain management – to an industry that is so critical for daily life.
Born out of MIT in 2015, Spoiler Alert is headquartered in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood and is backed by some of the nation’s leading food, agriculture, and supply chain investors. For more about Spoiler Alert, visit spoileralert.com or our social channels: Twitter & LinkedIn.
Spoiler Alert is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We offer a remote-first work environment, with the flexibility to work remotely or in-person from our Boston headquarters. Employee benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Subsidized health and dental insurance plans
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Pre-tax 401(k) and post-tax Roth 401(k) options
- 12 weeks of paid universal parental leave
- 15 company holidays, including an EOY rest week
- 15 vacation days and 5 sick days per year
- Flex Fridays (no meetings after 2PM)
- Life insurance and paid family and medical leave
- Paid volunteer outings and civic engagement leave
- Learning & career development stipends
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Remote first work environment
We are a diverse team committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap or veteran status, or marital status.