About Us – Please allow us to introduce ourselves
Sir Kensington’s is a food innovation company, best known for making condiments with character. We work to bring integrity and charm to ordinary and overlooked food. Beginning in 2010, we realized that while food was evolving, condiments weren’t. So, we decided to make them better, starting with ketchup. Since then, we launched mayonnaise, mustard, and Fabanaise, and gained a cult following. Now, you can find our condiments in hundreds of leading restaurants, thousands of leading retailers, and millions of meal kit boxes across the country. But we’re just getting started. We aim to be America’s leading natural condiment brand, and we need your help.
In April of 2017, Sir Kensington’s joined Unilever, the leading progressive global consumer products company. With them, we’re part of a family of global brands helping to define the future of good food and good business. With access to Unilever’s resources and expertise, we will continue to operate independently from our SoHo headquarters.
About the Role –When you aren’t eating this is what you will do…
The world of food and retail are changing dramatically, and with that change comes opportunity. With your help, Sir Kensington’s has the potential to become a category leader in ecommerce channels. We are looking for a director of ecommerce to define and execute an online strategy, prioritizing Amazon before expanding to other retailers. The role will report into the head of the retail sales department and have an opportunity to build a team as the ecommerce business develops. This role will have opportunities to call upon Unilever’s ecommerce capabilities and relationships to meet success.
• Responsible for Sir Kensington’s ecommerce strategy, P/L, and business growth
• Manage promotional and media investment to support the business in digital channels
• Collaborate with brand marketing teams on marketing strategy, creative assets, and web development
• Collaborate with sales team on business strategy, product assortment, pricing, and channel customer relationships
• Collaborate with operations and finance team to produce products, forecast, and budget for individual channels
• Collaborate with product team, founders, and special projects team to develop new products and services suitable for ecommerce
• Manage 3rd party seller cooperation and conflict
• Produce and analyze sales and marketing reports to optimize performance
This role is based in New York City.
About You – Necessary ingredients
An ideal person in this role will be a voracious learner who’s excited by change and adaptation. You should have experience growing sales through channel ecommerce partners and direct ecommerce platforms such as Shopify. We’re looking for a strategic and creative thinker who’s comfortable managing people as the ecommerce business develops. This role will require lateral thinking to shape product development strategy, and a strong track record with digital performance marketing. Relationships with collaborative agencies and a network of service providers is welcome.
• 4+ Years experience in marketing or merchandising with online retailers and direct-to-consumer ecommerce platforms
• Familiarity with the Amazon ecommerce platform: Vendor Central and Amazon Media Group
• Experience with performance marketing analytics and ROI analysis
• Experience with attribution marketing through Facebook, Google Adwords, retargeting platforms, and affiliate programs
• A track record partnering with brand marketing and operations teams
• Passion advance the mission of a purpose-driven company
• Experience with sales forecasting and reporting
• Mastery of Microsoft Office; ability to produce polished presentations and written communication
• A love of food!
Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Special Sauce – Figuratively speaking (though we also make special sauce)
If you’re looking for an entrepreneurial, fast-paced startup environment, you’ll thrive at Sir Kensington’s. But there’s more to it than that. If you’re naturally curious and seek to contribute at a purpose-driven food company, you’ll feel at home here. We extend Sir Kensington’s ethos of “integrity and charm” into the way we work.
• Opportunity to contribute at a fast growing and entrepreneurial company
• All the condiments (with character) you can eat
• A supportive environment which values profession development, personal responsibility, and candor
• Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), restaurant and wellness stipend, unlimited snacks, and more.
Sir Kensington’s Mission and Values
To bring integrity and charm to ordinary and overlooked food.
1— Our secret ingredient is people.
Our work is teamwork. We foster a supportive environment where our team works with a sense of purpose, potential, and play.
2 — We act with honor, even when no one is looking.
We take pride in our work, delivering on our own sense of potential at every opportunity. Our workmanship is evidence of who we are.
3 — We make condiments with character.
Our products are the most tangible manifestation of our work. They are a reflection of our unique philosophy and distinguished by what we call “Kensington Quality.”
4 — We think long term
We move quickly, but are patient enough to make big things happen. In all parts of our business, we build genuine, lasting relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employment
As Sir Kensington’s first value states, our secret ingredient is people. We seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures to better serve our diverse community of customers.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Sir Kensington’s offers and encourages all applicants to provide personal information through this survey so that we may better serve our employees, customers, community, and comply with federal law. Completion of this data is voluntary and will not affect your terms or conditions of employment.
If this sounds like a job for you, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Ecommerce Leader for Sir Kensington’s”