Mori is seeking an experienced Director to lead our Confectionery and Snacks Product Team. The candidate will have the following responsibilities (which are subject to change):
- Lead confectionary product development across multiple categories
- Set the strategic experimental design to execute on development goals
- Thought partner to VP re: feasibility or other implications/trade-offs of objectives/prioritization
- Turn this design into Project Plan Scope(s)
- Manage product development team
- Review content generated by scientists and other technical managers (primarily, study design and decks)
- Provide feedback/recommendations and coaches for future improvement
- Synthesize big-picture trends/cross-trial compilations
- Liaise with external partners, customers, and vendors
- Often owns the 1st draft of external facing decks (technical updates)
- Senior technical relationship manager
- Work closely with commercial teams and provide technical sales support
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Master’s, PhD or other advanced degree is a plus
- Experience with applications, coatings, manufacturing, ingredients and/or additives
- Innovative thinker with 5+ years experience in technical product development in one or more of the following – chocolate, candy, gum, mints, biscuits, other snacks
Application DetailsIf interested in applying to the Mori team, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with “Director, Confectionery and Snacks” in the subject line.
Why You Should Work With UsMori, formerly known as Cambridge Crops, is a fast-moving, venture backed, B2B, technology start-up focused on innovations in the food, agriculture, and packaging industries. Specifically, we leverage the unique properties of a naturally derived protein found in silk to extend the shelf life of perishable foods, including whole and cut produce, meat, seafood, and shelf stable foods like confections and snacks.
Our mission statement, “More food, Less waste,” is supported by our company goals to reduce food waste, improve supply chain efficiencies, and increase food access.
Our tight-knit team has spent their careers developing and commercializing technology. We abide by the following values:
- Think big, start small
- Embrace complexity
- See it through
- Operate with care
- Keep perspective
Our employees enjoy a generous and flexible paid-time-off policy. Mori also offers all full-time employees comprehensive physical and mental health benefits.
Mori is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws. Employment opportunities at Mori are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.