ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Director of Operations will support top- and bottom-line growth through effective management of production, distribution and fulfillment, with a constant eye on margin expansion and customer experience. The Director will develop and maintain a metrics dashboard and regularly report on KPIs.
Areas of focus include:
• Supply chain – inventory management, ingredient sourcing, packaging procurement
• Production – procurement and production management and negotiations
• Logistics – 3PL, vendor and courier identification, negotiations and ongoing communications
• Quality Control – safety guidelines and product recall plans
• P&L – costings, forecasting, analytics, metrics, reporting
• Customer Service – troubleshoot customer complaints and issues
• Set strategic initiatives for different areas of our supply chain – with a focus on fulfillment and logistics – while also working in the trenches
• Own our relationships with our 3PLs, ensuring correct SOPs are followed and boxes arrive to our customers in perfect condition
• Manage all of our logistics and packaging vendors, regularly searching for new options while re-negotiating pricing and contract terms
• Oversee inventory management to ensure correct supply and ordering levels
• Assist with procurement of ingredients and the opening of new production facilities as needed
• Collaborate cross-functionally to launch new products and enhance customer experience
• Develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery
• Track KPIs and conduct significant analytical and quantitative deep dives into supply chain data and customer feedback to help drive improvements across the company
• Foster a culture of collaboration and team spirit, while directly managing our operations and customer service associates
• Continually identify and develop talent, team capabilities, and growth
• 4+ years of experience in an analytical consulting role or operations/logistics role, with at least 2 years in fulfillment and/or supply chain management
• Experience in the natural/organic food space a big plus
• Knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, Google Sheets required; experience with ShipStation a plus
• Start-up experience a plus, ideally at a tech-enabled consumer company
• Bachelor degree in business administration or engineering; MBA a plus
• A strategic thinker who can assess many options and prioritize the right ones for the company
• Strong analytical skills, with an ability to process data and leverage it to influence critical business decisions and priorities
• Proven leadership skills, with a knack for building, motivating and influencing cohesive teams
• Exceptional relationship building skills with strong ability to influence others
• Organizational agility and ability to shepherd projects through the organization
• A collaborator who enjoys working in a cross-functional manner with other team members
• An entrepreneur at heart who applies his/her experience in creative ways without hesitation
• Someone who takes initiative, moves fast, and gets things done – and has fun while doing it!
• Passion for PetPlate’s mission and a desire to be part of the solution to the pet food ecosystem
• Competitive salary and stock options
• Medical, vision and dental benefits
• Cell phone reimbursement
• A flexible vacation policy
• Free PetPlate meals for your pet + discounts for friends & family
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: +1-855-981-6109
PetPlate is a direct-to-consumer subscription service that delivers fresh-cooked pet meals made from real food in a USDA facility and balanced for a dog’s diet by the company’s veterinary clinical nutritionist. The meals are gently-cooked, custom-portioned, and flash-frozen to lock in freshness.
The company was founded by Renaldo Webb who learned about the inferior ingredients and processes used to manufacture mainstream pet food while working as an operations consultant. Renaldo was determined to feed his dog Winston something much, much better, and set out to reinvent the way we nourish our pets. Not only is PetPlate nutritious and delicious for dogs, it makes feeding time much easier for pet parents, especially with dogs that are picky, suffer from allergies, or need to control their weight.
The company has expanded rapidly since it launched in 2016 and is on a high-growth trajectory in the $9 billion premium pet food category. PetPlate is an investor-backed company which has been featured in PopSugar, Well+Good, HuffPost, Fortune, Wall Street Journal and even Shark Tank!
For more information, visit PetPlate.com!