rePlant Capital is expanding its team through the addition of a Director of Strategic Partnerships to cultivate and to manage key partnerships with organizations which are converting their supply chains to regenerative and organic practices.
rePlant has engaged with an increasing number of diverse and visionary partners, including large multinational food corporations, regionally-focused community organizations, agricultural technical assistance providers, and environmental nonprofits.
As the Director of Strategic Partnerships, you will drive the development and lead the management of our dozens of existing and future partners. Reporting to the CEO, and working closely with the executive team, you will be responsible for identifying solutions based on needs and partnership opportunities.
rePlant is based in Boulder, CO, though many team members work remotely.
- Own the overall success of rePlant’s partnerships and lead a team responsible for managing diverse relationships
- Nurture existing relationships and identify new partnerships that could lead to significant impact and support of broader organizational goals
- Secure and maintain major new partnerships with large multinational food companies and supply chain partners, nonprofits, community organizations, and financial institutions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with rePlant team members to align team initiatives and meet organizational goals
- Research and understand the missions, goals, and needs of various diverse organizations across the food system
- Communicate consistently with your team and rePlant’s partners to proactively identify opportunities for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Oversee the development and management of growth plans for key strategic partners, including market assessments, go-to-market plans, and other quantifiable metrics of success
- Proactively resolve relational and operational issues with partners and serve as an internal champion for their success
- Develop and communicate goals and targets for business development while driving and mentoring staff to achieve goals
- Oversee the dissemination of information of business partnerships and negotiation of contracts
- Develop consistent evaluation process for inbound opportunities; lead evaluation and decision to pursue or not pursue all inbound opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of post-undergraduate professional experience in partnerships, business development, project management, and / or account management
- Prior experience in a team within a remote work environment required and at least 2 years’ experience managing reports directly
- Superior interpersonal skills; High social and emotional intelligence; Empathic and tactful communication abilities
- Strong ability to meet deadlines while managing tasks across multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong experience analyzing, evaluating, and synthesizing partnership opportunities
- Refined systems-based approach to strategizing and solving complex, interdisciplinary problems involving multiple stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the roles of various institutions in the global food system
- Demonstrated mental grit and innate empathy: When the going gets tough, you bring a sense of levity and perspective to the table
- Committed to driving impact at the intersection of food, agriculture, and climate
- Intellectually curious and nimble with an ability to solve complex issues
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, a hunger to grow professionally/personally with an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Team player able to work cross-functionally and pitch in even if it’s “not your job”
- High standards for quality and integrity
- Experience with and knowledge of CPG supply chains and corporate sustainability a plus
rePlant prioritizes a holistic approach to life – you may work here, but we know your job isn’t everything in your life. We encourage all team members to maintain healthy lifestyles, both physically and mentally.
- Flexible, unlimited paid time off policy
- Competitive compensation structure
- Diverse, collaborative, and entrepreneurial culture
rePlant Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Through regenerative agriculture, we’re increasing the biodiversity of ecosystems and soil. Through our company we include, celebrate, and embrace human diversity, too. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references to: email@example.com
Subject line: Application: Director, Strategic Partnerships