Come join a fast-growing food brand that is revolutionizing what we eat. Ark Foods is a
modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. From our
plant-based veggie bowls to the specialty vegetables that we grow at our farm locations up and
down the East Coast, Ark Foods is rethinking modern agriculture from the ground up.
You can find our branded products in Whole Foods, Walmart, Costco, and other leading
retailers across the USA.
Ark Foods is seeking a Director of Shopper Marketing to help share our exciting line of fresh
vegetable products with the world.
The Director of Shopper Marketing will create and execute marketing programs to drive
increased business through our supermarket partners. This role will report directly to our CEO,
with guidance and collaboration from our Director of Retail Sales, and will focus on initiatives in
supermarkets across the Midwest and Eastern USA.
- Devise and implement effective shopper marketing plans for key supermarkets, with the goal of increasing sales and improving consumer experience
- Analyze sales/shopper data, including SPINS and raw per-store sales data, to develop key insights and opportunities, with actionable marketing recommendations to achieve sales goals
- Quantify marketing opportunity at each supermarket, and develop KPIs to track our progress (e.g., doors, ACV, velocity)
- Understand retail marketing strategies (e.g. pricing, promotion, placement, product) and devise a retailer-by-retailer plan to deploy best strategy to boost sales (e.g., couponing, TPRs, demos, shelf facings, partnerships, signage, samples, field force, replenishment)
- Attend supermarket partner meetings, and propose both proactive and responsive marketing plans as needed
- Develop strong, collaborative partnerships with key supermarket marketing contacts, leading co-creation sessions to recommend marketing programs and opportunities driven by insights and data
- Be direct day-to-day supervisor for our Field Marketing Manager. Help guide and build the field marketing program, and assess where our field marketing efforts should be focused, and how we can best utilize field marketing in support of broader shopper marketing initiatives
- Monitor and analyze marketing program performance metrics and effectively communicate key findings of programs, to improve and expand relationships with supermarkets, and build out our own internal marketing capabilities
- Support sales team by crafting comprehensive marketing programs that we can pitch to win new business and expand existing customer relationships
- Manage and track shopper marketing budget to ensure high ROI across all initiatives
Skills & Experience
- Substantial experience marketing CPG and/or food products at major USA supermarkets and leading retailers
- Strong quantitative skills and comfort with large data sets
- Willingness to do the small things
- Comfort with ambiguity and fast pace
- Very strong organizational skills
- Desire to learn more, and collaborate with a world-class team of colleagues
Why You Should Work With Us
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Generous vacation policy
- Based in Brooklyn, NY
- All the specialty veggies you can eat!