We are hiring an experienced Head of Sales to help us take Salty Girl Seafood to the next level. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an incredible opportunity to lead growth for Salty Girl Seafood. You will be responsible for executing and overseeing the development and implementation of SGS’ retail sales strategy, goals, revenues and key objectives. You will work closely with our CEO, Head of Marketing, and Head of Operations to lead the sales team to achieve aggressive sales and profit goals commensurate with overall company business objectives.
Best of all, you will be working with a dynamic, hard-working, and passionate team driven by excellence and dedicated to driving positive change in our oceans and celebrating fishermen who harvest responsibly.
Given the growing nature of the company, the ideal candidate should feel comfortable taking on tasks and responsibilities at all levels of the sales hierarchy as the team grows.
Duties include but not limited to:
Develop and manage a sales and channel strategy to deliver the Company’s double-digit sales growth and profit growth plan. Monitor and measure retail sales performance against plan.
- Lead development of new accounts and negotiate an agreement that meets revenue and profit goals. This includes developing sales support materials (in conjunction with the marketing team) such as sell sheets, pitch decks and price lists. Upon business award, lead vendor set up.
- Lead and implement Company’s pricing strategy to deliver Company’s financial goals.
- Build and manage Company’s network of brokers and distributors
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report sales data to increase sales productivity and make promotional adjustments. Lead sales direction regarding sales patterns, trends, and future purchases to drive business decisions
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency in all sales and customer marketing activities, as well as for successful execution of product launches.
- Liaise with transportation/logistics, and purchasing to maximize profits, and ensure reliable, accurate and on-time delivery to accounts for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Be a role model by embodying SGS’ values and promote teamwork at all times.
- Manage, train, coach and mentor retail sales team to be high performing.
- Report and record customer feedback on a regular basis. Feedback should be used to inform brand and product discussions.
- Work with marketing team to develop and manage an effective demo program and in-store support plan based on specific account needs.
Perform other duties, as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, health, entrepreneurship and the environment
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience for a Food CPG startup and/or Legacy Food CPG – required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the natural/specialty and conventional channels, including working with distributors such as KeHE and UNFI.
- An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and team management skills
- Confidence in tackling ambiguity; likes to figure things out.
- Ability to travel frequently
- Unshakable positivity, and strong competitor
- Self-starter with a bias for action, and problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable environment
Please send resume, cover letter, and link to Linkedin profile.
We’re a growing startup-so compensation is a combination of stock and cash. Why You Should Work With Us
If you’re looking to join a team of passionate, dedicated people who are looking to make an impact through entrepreneurship, this is your opportunity. Our small and dynamic team works hard and plays hard–believing that work/life balance is the key to success. We are passionate about creating a greater connection between consumers and their natural resources, and our brand revolves around our global oceans. We make time to get outside and enjoy our backyard, which is easy as we live in beautiful Santa Barbara (this could be YOU!).