OXTALE is re-imagining the long stagnant “ethnic” aisle: we are the first “by the community, for the community” modern Asian food brand. We strive to reclaim Asian stories and cuisines – we collaborate with acclaimed chefs across the nation to rethink and craft next-gen pantry staples.
We’re pre-launch (shhh…), and growing quickly. We are backed by some of the best food and technology investors in the game and recently recognized as one of the most promising food startups in the nation by Mars. OXTALE is looking for star team members who thrive in fast-paced environments and are excited to lead their own projects.
As the Director of Operations at OXTALE, you will lead and own contract manufacturing, supply chain, quality, production, warehousing and logistics. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will build a stable and scalable operational backbone for our growing startup, play a key role in launching new innovations, and eventually build out your own team.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, maintain and continuously optimize supply chain
- Source ingredients, packaging, and other inputs
- Own all aspects of manufacturing, driving key metrics around cost, order fulfillment, and inventory control and leading COGS savings initiatives
- Lead production, communication, quality assurance and accountability with co-manufacturers, suppliers and service providers
- Develop a plan for our scaled supply chain and manufacturing network
- Develop and maintain robust QA/QC systems and procedures
- Manage end-to-end transportation of all raw and finished goods
- Source, maintain, and negotiate all freight/warehousing contracts
- Track current inventory and forecast future inventory needs
Who You Are:
- You take ownership and are proactive – if you come up against a barrier, you will push the answer as far as you can before asking for help.
- You are extremely detail-oriented – nothing slips by you, and you’re used to juggling a couple different projects at once.
- You have a proven ability to hold partners accountable and build strong relationships, inspiring above-and-beyond performance.
- You are quick on your feet. You are excited by the ambiguity of working at a startup.
- You are a good person, in and out of the office. OXTALE is a mission-driven brand whose goal is to build inclusivity and representation in the international category. This tracks with your personal passions.
- You have a “no task is too small” attitude. We are a small team, so sometimes that means getting in the trenches alongside our co-founders. You’re hardworking and flexible (within reason, of course).
- You value curiosity, empathy, and vulnerability – we are building the team of our dreams, and want coworkers who care about whole-heartedness. (Props if you’ve read Brene Brown!)
- 4-5+ years experience leading operations and supply chain for a growing food / CPG company (startup experience strongly preferred)
- Motivated self-manager who takes initiative and can deliver on high expectations with minimal oversight
- Analytical problem solver with strong Excel skills and experience forecasting supply / demand, managing inventory, and supporting budgeting processes
OXTALE has an ambitious, venture-backed founding team and wants awesome folks to join us on this journey. We are based in NYC’s Soho neighborhood in the WeWork Food Labs – a vibrant, engaged community of food-tech and CPG founders. Plus, tons of free food and snacks!
We offer competitive pay based on experience, competitive health benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, quarterly team foodie excursions, and a monthly wellness stipend. We are growing quickly, so there is plenty of opportunity for you to define and carve out your own path!
While we love distributed teams, we’re not accepting remote candidates right now.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by AUGUST 23 with:
- Your CV
- A cover letter, including a paragraph (seriously, max 8 sentences!) on what excites you about our product/mission
OXTALE was founded by two Vietnamese sisters – Vanessa and Kim Pham. Vanessa is a CPG and e-comm strategist and alumna of Bain and Harvard. Kim is a longtime startup operator, ex-VC, and Forbes 30 Under 30 recipient.
We have 3 main values:
- Rising Tides Raise All Boats – We believe underrepresented communities can unlock and amplify each other’s mobility and influence.
- Lead and Work Wholeheartedly – We hire, collaborate, and make decisions from a place of abundance, making sure to revel in the journey, not the destination.
- Build With Intention, Without Concession – We are committed to uncompromised flavors and undiluted stories. As a company, we exist to reclaim, honor, and celebrate POC communities and cuisines.
As a company that was built from a desire for inclusion and representation, OXTALE seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.