The Director of Operations has responsibilities that spans every level of management at The Meat Hook. Principally, the Director of Operations is responsible for making sure that the Meat Hook team is functioning at a high level of communication and collaboration.
The Director of Operations is one of the positions involved in delving deep into subjects to help the Partners better understand the value in new business development. They also perform some functions as a high level Executive Assistant, helping the Partners manage the multiple responsibilities across all business platforms.
The Director of Operations also has direct responsibilities to the Organization (the managers of each location and the staff of The Meat Hook) by looking at structural and cultural positive changes that can be adopted into our company. This means cultivating relationships with team members at every level possible to better understand the inefficiencies and hardships of each position, and plotting structural solutions. This aspect of the job requires an independent thought process and empathy for all positions to grow together. This can, and does include, looking at benefits packages and cultural initiatives to make The Meat Hook more attractive to talent and also a great place to work everyday.
- Be able to lead the planning and implementation of operations in new business ventures and be ready to answer the question “how” with every new business opportunity
- Be an advocate for staff, managers, and the business when discussing any and all topics with the Partners
- Define quarterly and annual goals and initiatives and maintain communication to ensure each member’s success
- Track high priority initiatives and identify any obstacles
- Communicate initiative status to the Partners, pulling in other team members as needed
- Provide decision support through data gathering, analysis, and presenting opinions to relevant team member
- Be able to identify and take on initiatives that could benefit the company
- Review organizational structure with each manager to find inefficiencies and create solutions
- Stays updated on all labor laws and required trainings
- Keeps all employee tools updated
- Maintain calendars for all entities for inspections and regular maintenance
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of multi-unit leadership experience at a progressive restaurant, retail, CPG, or hospitality company
- A focus and determination to build strong teams
- Highly organized and proactive
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities across multiple businesses
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills
- BS or BA degree in Business or relevant subject
- A sense of humor
We would like to know what your favorite sandwich is, and why. Yes, this is random. There’s no wrong answer.
Why You Should Work With Us
The Meat Hook is a lot of things all at once. We are a butcher shop selling the best meat available anywhere in the northeast and we’re a restaurant cooking the best burgers (we think) in NYC. We’re the only fully transparent sausage you can buy in a grocery store and we’re a Youtube show about meat culture and techniques.
But, most importantly, we are home to a group of 30+ like-minded people who want to make a tangible difference in the world through agriculture. We are dedicated to our mission of promoting and working with farms that work regeneratively and sustainably. Our community spans from the farmers, to our staff, to the communities we serve.