Munk Pack is a highly innovative and rapidly growing natural foods company with a small, entrepreneurial team and a fast-paced work environment. Our keto nut & seed bars, keto granola bars, and plant-based protein cookies are found at Sprouts, Whole Foods, Walmart, Publix, and other key accounts nationwide.
This position is responsible for the overall planning and coordination of contract manufacturing from start
to finish, ensuring specifications are met for raw materials, packaging, and
finished goods. He/She will ensure that goods are produced timely and efficiently
at the right quality and cost level, by several co-packing facilities.
Candidates require outstanding attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once in an often unstructured environment that is typical of startups.
This is a position based remotely. Travel to manufacturing facilities is as needed to ensure successful product manufacturing. This position reports to the CEO.
- Production planning, oversight, and coordination with multiple contract manufacturers
- Managing relationships with contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Monitoring production runs (remotely & site visits), ensuring that products are produced to specification
- Sourcing ingredients for new products, sourcing alternate suppliers, overseeing purchasing
- Leading new product launches, developing and implementing quality specifications during trial productions and beyond
- Forecasting and demand planning, taking the lead on forecasting in coordination with the Sales Operations manager, and budgeting accordingly.
- Management of raw materials and supplies, contracting annual volumes and coordinating draw downs, following market changes that could affect pricing or supply
- Maintaining ERP system data and lot tracking
- Inventory reconciliation, calculating materials usage rates and shrinkage
- Oversee evaluation of production quality retains and quality testing. You will be managing a Quality and R&D Associate.
- Addressing quality concerns and customer feedback with manufacturing facility, conducting root cause analysis, implementing corrective action
- Maintaining product certifications (Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO Project Verified)
- Improving operational efficiencies, reducing costs, implementing systems to pre-empt, identify, and promptly correct any operational or quality issues
- Reporting strategies and key metrics, achieving quality and cost targets
- Other duties as needed
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of operations management experience with
a consumer goods company
- Outstanding attention to detail
- “Quality is key” mentality
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Eager to work for a small company, roll up your sleeves, and
take on lots of responsibility!
Why You Should Work With Us
We are an up-and-coming natural food brand experiencing success in a highly competitive industry. It’s a rewarding challenge, with much to learn along the way.