At Finless Foods, our mission is simple – we want to create a future for seafood where the ocean thrives. We work toward this every day by creating delicious, alternative seafood products that help you satisfy your cravings, without bait or a hook. We are using ground-breaking (or rather ocean-breaking) plant and cell culture technology to revolutionize the way the world sources delicious and sustainable food. Good for us. Good for the ocean.
These are our values:
- Be driven to create a future for seafood where the ocean thrives
- Produce safe, healthy, and great-tasting food
- Urgently commit to a flourishing ocean and waterways
- Respect coastal communities and their relationship with the ocean
- Foster a diverse culture of people and knowledge
- Believe people want to help and that we can offer them a helping hand.
At Finless Foods, we are passionate about supporting our employees’ growth, both personally and professionally. We want you to be proud of having ‘Finless Foods’ on your resume and we want you to be a key part of making Finless’ amazing culture what it is.
- Emotional intelligence – The ability to be both self and socially aware and to effectively manage yourself and your social relationships, including your Finless teammates
- Building trust through transparency – The ability to communicate by leading with transparency and honesty, even when it’s difficult
- Proactively supporting your teammates – The ability to identify and proactively offer support to your teammates (because we succeed together)
- Looking for opportunities in failure – The ability to frame failures as learnings and growth opportunities, because this is the building block of success
At Finless, we integrate these values on a daily basis, and they also are a core part of our annual individual and team evaluations. We’re looking for individuals who will take these to heart as much as we do.
The Director of Marketing will lead the marketing function at Finless Foods and will report directly to the CEO. The director will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring all activities related to go-to-market strategy and marketing plans to achieve business goals. Specific responsibilities include brand marketing, sales and customer support, budget management, and guiding commercialization. The director is also responsible for overseeing all marketing communications, advertising, packaging, promotion, website, social media, PR, and sales support.
As the Director of Marketing you will be responsible for:
- Develop, align, and execute the annual marketing plan that delivers expected top and bottom-line performance
- Monitor performance against goals and identifies corrective activities as needed
- Analyze marketplace information to understand the consumer, customer, and competition
- Effectively communicate marketing strategy, plans, etc. to the executive team
- Partner with the sales organization to manage customer relationships, execute key go-to-market tactics and support sales lead in all customer needs
- Guide new product commercialization for consumer and operator product testing, best-in-class go-to-market programs, sales tools, communication, and market introduction tools.
- Continue to build the brand’s image, personality, and value proposition to create relevance and interest with the target audiences (i.e. investor, trade, and consumer)
- Strong integrated marketing communications skills and knowledge across a broad spectrum of tactics
- Knowledgeable and up to date on food service, marketing, and public relations trends
- Drive awareness of, interest in, and advocacy of the Finless Foods mission
- Lead, develop, and partner with customer partners for best in class marketing programs, innovation opportunities, and menu applications
- Collaborate across the organization to drive company goals (sales, operations, R&D, finance, etc.)
- Direct and manage contractors and contract negotiations/agreements.
- Build positive relationships within the team through leading agency meetings, project check-ins, and review as a key team member and support to department directors and agency president
- Bring out the best in others by interacting with colleagues and clients in a positive, professional, and motivating manner
- Establish effective departmental and interdepartmental procedures that produce high-quality content, ensure brand consistency, and manage deadlines.
- Write and manage appropriate annual KPIs for self and department with key milestones and results defined
- Lead and manage internal direct report(s) through KPI setting and support of career goals, providing challenging tasks and assignments.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and lead hiring of external marketing vendor partners
- Represent the company at various trade or business meetings to promote the company
- Develop and manage cost estimates, project timelines, and budgets
- Optimize and manage the department budget(s)
- Create and direct unique integrated brand and marketing strategies through digital content creation across multiple channels, including social media.
- Actively identify inspirations and benchmarks for projects and share with the team
- Hire and recruit marketing personnel
- Already used to the startup pace
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or related field. Advanced degree in a similar field is preferred.
- Foodservice marketing experience required
- Classically trained and demonstrated experience building consumer-facing brands, preferred
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishing objectives and meeting deadlines.
- Experience collaborating with sales for commercialization and market development.
- Strong project and influence management skills to lead cross-functional project teams
- Excellent communication skills – both formal and informal with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Financial acumen – ability to apply financial management principles to ensure fiscally sound decisions
- Demonstrated understanding of business fundamentals including P&L management, pricing, and trade strategy
- Exposure to new product commercialization and start-up procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of intellectual curiosity, continuous improvement mindset and learning agility
- Creative problem-solving abilities required; ability to be resourceful to find solutions, using a “can do” attitude
- Comfort operating in a startup and remote organization
- Competitive salary with the industry – Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Schedule
- Medical, dental & vision
- Access to well-being tools and development opportunities
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Be part of the change for a better world
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position involves working primarily in an office performing ad-hoc administrative tasks on a regular basis. As such this position requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, the use of computers and standard office equipment, and the capability of lifting 15-20 pounds. The position requires analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent time management, as well as communication with other team members.
Finless Foods Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Finless.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to a large number of applications, only applicants moving on to the next round will be contacted.