Director of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
chirpschips.com | @chirpschips
At Chirps, we make healthy, delicious,
and sustainable foods from insects. Come join our fun team to fix the broken
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you’re interested.
We are seeking a dynamic marketer with a proven track
record who wants to make a big impact and join our small team to bring insect foods to the
mainstream. If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Start Date: July or August 2018
This is an opportunity to be the director of marketing in a
fast-growing, ambitious company. This person is a thought leader with a creative and strong
vision of how to communicate our unique brand story while building brand
awareness, communicating differentiating value propositions and turning our
brand into a bold thought leader. You have deep experience and measurable wins
in brand marketing, product marketing, content development & marketing, PR,
social media and field activation. This
role will oversee all marketing and communication activities to build a
movement around eating insects.
● Lead overall marketing communication strategy and
development of integrated marketing plans across retail (CPG) channels.
● Participate in broader brand building opportunities to
build national brand awareness and achieve long term brand vision.
● Oversee PR, including story development, press tours, and
● Refine overarching brand communication, brand vision,
define targeted consumer segments and develop brand, marketing, consumer
engagement strategies and tactics.
● Expand and elevate our social media and brand presence to
build our brand, empowers consumer evangelists, optimizes and differentiates
brand’s digital presence to drive success in market and build brand love
● Partner with
Creative Director to ensure all brand building activities are on “on-brand”
through policies, guidelines, processes and to ensure fluidity and consistency
across all communication platforms.
● Monitor, assess and recommend proven, new and out-of-the
box marketing and communication tactics, channels and programs.
● Provide consumer insights and lead consumer research as it
relates to new product innovation and brand initiatives.
● Support team in developing our impact story and metrics
that can further build upon our brand building and marketing communication
● 10+ years marketing experience
● Food industry/CPG experience
● Strong project management skills with ability to multitask
● Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication
● A proven track record working in a successful team
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
● Ability to create 360 marketing campaigns and direct team
to activate against creative vision and clear success metrics.
● Experience successfully building, coaching and enabling
high performing teams while holding employees accountable.
● Experience in high growth environment preferred
● Ability to facilitate strategic and creative brainstorming
and help translate and map out ideas to actionable projects and processes.
● A deep understanding of and experience in established and
emerging digital, consumer marketing, brand building strategies, tactics and