The Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) will provide leadership and support in the spheres of finance, accounting, operations and investor relations. As a thought-partner and direct-report to the CEO, the DFO will play a critical role in helping our company optimize financial health, monitor operational performance, engage in strategy development and execute on strategic initiatives. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual to work closely with a founding team as we embark on our next stage of growth.
Finance & Accounting Responsibilities:
– Manage daily accounting and financial systems. This includes accurately recording day-to-day costs prepared in accordance to GAAP best practice; processing daily revenue orders and process payments; ensuring timely A/R collections and A/P payments
– Monthly closings (by the 15th of the following month), including bank and credit card reconciliations and necessary journal entries to record licensing fees, customer deposits, depreciation, bad debt write-offs, etc.
– Analyze monthly financial performance across internal KPI dashboard and prepare reports to review with management that address trends, highlight causes of unexpected variances and drive optimal business decisions across teams.
– Work with the CEO and Director of Business Development to evolve metrics and reporting formats.
– Work with CEO to prepare quarterly investor report and help address follow-up questions.
– Assume responsibility of bank, insurance and other regulatory relationships.
– Where appropriate, make recommendations that will enhance and streamline existing processes and organization of the financial system.
– Keep an eye on costs and, where appropriate, highlight recommendations on potential cost savings and opportunities to make the business more efficient
– Together with the CEO and Director of Business Development, develop sales forecasts, budget financial planning and cost management, including financial projections, product gross margin analysis and, when necessary, cash flow modeling.
– Work closely with the CEO and collaborate with the team on large, cross-functional initiatives.
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA a plus
– Proficient in Quickbooks Online and leveraging its full functionality
– Advanced skills in Excel, with the ability to manipulate, digest and summarize large amounts of data
– Requires minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines
– Proven ability to identify and drive process and system improvements
– Previous experience managing 1 – 3 person team
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Strong analytical and organization skills. Attention to detail is important.
– Must be a “roll-up your sleeves” individual and comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment
We are looking forward to hearing from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2019 with your cover letter and résumé along with at least three professional references. Parlor Coffee is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This position is salaried and compensation will be commensurate with experience.